Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Today is a special day!
Hello guys,

Exactly eleven years ago, on april 10th, 2006 (coincidentially also a monday, and also the first day of the holy week) I played GTA: San Andreas for the first time on my first computer (I was never a console guy). I remember that back then I didn't have a dedicated video card and GTA: SA wouldn't even open, so I went to a local shop with my dad and purchased the legendary Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (128MB).

Got the card installed, went back home and voila! Could finally play San Andreas with moderate settings though as the card was not powerful enough. Since then I played nonstop for many days until I completed the singleplayer storyline: that brings so many good memories! At its time the game was top of the line and its graphics were just amazing.

Then one year later came SA-MP to me (August 2007 to be exact), and been playing ever since, even though nowadays I don't do such so often for obvious reasons. Also have soooo many good memories from the old days SA:MP & LVP, met so many good friends!

Ironically or not, whenever anyone asks me: "how did you learn English?" I repeat the story: "well, part of it came from school as I liked it, but I really learned the most from gaming online, especially on this particular game, where I used to join a server that was English-only". Yes, that particular game was GTA: SA-MP and that English-only server was LVP. Being ingame for hours was, after all, not a total waste of time as it helped me LOTS improving my English, which has got me most of my jobs to the present day. I'd like to give a shoutout to everyone who has contributed to the process and also shared fun moments!

Sadly times change, and nowadays I'm mostly busy with my job / real life plans, etc. but I do have the game installed and plan to play from time to time.

Was the topic really necessary? Guess not, but I felt I wanted to share my memories here, as it was in LVP where I spent around 90% of my SA:MP ingame time!

Greetings!
Nice to see an old player coming back !

I dont remember if was 06 or 07 i play gta sa that moment was the best game for me but times fly!

And Hello im your new friend  :)
It's always nice reading such things, especially since I can somewhat relate to your story. :)
LMAO gg wp on posting your crap... no one cares.
Unfortunately we never had the chance to play/talk and get to know each other since I started playing regularly again in LVP you retired.. That aside, I can also relate to your story and pretty much every player can. Keep being amazing and I wish you all the best, Jhon! :)

I would like to also thank you for sharing, It's always a pleasure to see an old player share his memories! Sadly I wasn't part of this community but I am now! And I look forward more of this type of threads. ;)
Hey Armadillo man ;)

I had the Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 also and it was pretty epic when my Dad got it for me from a PC shop he worked at part-time, It's amazing how games and the technology has evolved, But I prefer playing this for a bit of fun now and then over the new games, They bore me, Always had a soft spot for retro stuff.

I remember meeting you way back in 2007, We've shared some amazing memories, Discussing your life goal of becoming a pilot!

So many people due to online gaming have improved their English because of it, Take that education system!!!

Hope all's well mate, Good to see you're still around.
Thanks for sharing :D Always nice to hear them..?
Love reading this.

GTA online started for me in 2004 with mta: vc. Buggy ass shit multiplayer but still playable most of the time, favorite class was Robber with the stubby shotgun. Good times. And I had a GeForce 4 MX, btw.

Then started playing sa-mp as soon as it was released on portuguese servers, then eventually found lvp/lw and started playing there from then on. Met a lot of people who I still talk to regularly and became good friends with.
Ahhh Stubby Shotgun, Love it!!!
Hello Jhon!, i think we've met already in-game(If you remember -_-)
Its always good to read this kind of threads, and seeing the old players coming back to tell their stories/experience.
Well thank you for sharing your story/experience with everyone hope you are doing well!
Good to see you again,hope we meet again in-game someday.