Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Raise the cost of gang encryption Seti@Home
Paying 5,5 millions for 1 month of encryption of gang-chat is bullshit. All regulars and relatively established players can grab 5,5 mill from their pocket to avoid getting spied on by Seti@Home. 

Jack up the cost times x10. There needs to be an incentive for gangs and fighters to also hunt properties. An addition with a 'gang bank' would be good.

Also, there needs to be a way for gangs to fight for 'strategic' properties such as car bomb shop, seti@home and hopefully a new 'gang base' that gives abilities to all gang members.
I comepletely agree. 5,5 mills is a way to low.
x10 is too much
20M would be perfect
I agree too. Thank you for the suggestion.

Changed here: https://github.com/LVPlayground/playgrou...8875ce98b9
(11-05-2016, 01:24 AM)Russell Wrote: I agree too. Thank you for the suggestion.

On a second thought; why do we even have this feature? 

When the cost is that low - even after the changes (25 mill for 1 month) - it pretty much removes any incentive to get Seti@Home. 

A fun twist for this could maybe be a way for the property owner to 'decrypt' the encrypted gang chat without the gang getting notified - a fee that is a percentage of the amount of money spend on the encryption in the first place or something of the like. What you think?
(11-05-2016, 03:51 PM)Madlaggz Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 01:24 AM)Russell Wrote: I agree too. Thank you for the suggestion.

On a second thought; why do we even have this feature? 

When the cost is that low - even after the changes (25 mill for 1 month) - it pretty much removes any incentive to get Seti@Home. 

A fun twist for this could maybe be a way for the property owner to 'decrypt' the encrypted gang chat without the gang getting notified - a fee that is a percentage of the amount of money spend on the encryption in the first place or something of the like. What you think?

This is interesting, Madlaggz. There are quite a few possibilities here for fun alternatives to keep the feature alive. Perhaps we allow the owner of Seti@Home to receive a sort of commission from chat encryption? Or allowing decryption, sure, but for a much higher price than what encryption itself costs (as at that point, one is buying it solely to spy and not to make any sort of profit)?

There are more possibilities, of course, though the above is what is occurring to me at the moment...

Thank you for your ideas! :D
(11-05-2016, 03:51 PM)Madlaggz Wrote: A fun twist for this could maybe be a way for the property owner to 'decrypt' the encrypted gang chat without the gang getting notified - a fee that is a percentage of the amount of money spend on the encryption in the first place or something of the like. What you think?

Yeah, I've been thinking about that :).

In short, we've been looking for ways to get players to spend more money, and this is just that.

We could do something like a combinational benefit. If you own both Seti and some secret intelligence agency property, you get the ability to purchase the ability to decrypt messages. Delivery of such decrypted messages would be delayed, as it is in real life.