Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Make kills by RC Baron count as 'lame'
The RC Baron is a small target, difficult to hit and is used far too often to interrupt gang fights and other otherwise fair matchups.

I do understand that it is a VIP-only vehicle, but that does not exempt VIPs from using them to destroy an otherwise fair fighting environment. 

We should strive to achieve the best environment for deathmatching possible and improve the conditions for gangs and support any gang wars developing. Having vehicles or features that so heavily can influence a healthy gang fight on the streets might be fun for the one individual using the vehicle or feature, but not so much for the huge group of players focusing on fighting their opponent. 

It is not often the RC Baron is used constructively in a gang fight by one gang against each other; generally it's used by 'by-standers' to the on-going gang fight and is thus an interrupting element of the gameplay. 

Besides that, having a weapon that auto-aims and deals out that much damage is hardly fair taken into consideration that it is currently considered a legit kill on the same level as a fair duel with sawn-offs, snipers and uzis.

I am also worried about the new vehicle spawning feature, which according ot GitHub will allow VIPs to spawn RC Barons: "VIPs may get access to a few other special vehicles, e.g. the RC vehicles" (link: https://github.com/LVPlayground/playground/issues/330)

This will worsen the current invasive and interrupting use of the RC Baron, and further underline the need for action being taken.

I do hope, that you will consider my proposal and finally make RC Baron kills count as lame-kills with the relevant punishment options available. 

PS. If I remember correctly, kills being made using the Sea Sparrow count as lame kills. The Sea Sparrow uses the exact same weapon as the RC Baron, but is both way larger and easier to kill. I do not have a computer available to test this though, and I'm not sure if Sea Sparrow is even accessible anymore, but if it is - and kills used by the Sea Sparrow is considered lame - there is no reason at all why the RC Baron kills shouldn't count as lame.
I totally agree.RC Barons are more powerful and harder to hit compared to sea sparrows or driveby cars and yet,they do not count as lame kills.Also,kills made by RC Goblins adds to lamekills

so it's totally fair to consider kills made by barons as lame too,when the other lamekill ways are not as bad as this.
(10-20-2016, 07:09 PM)Diablo Wrote: I totally agree.RC Barons are more powerful and harder to hit compared to sea sparrows or driveby cars and yet,they do not count as lame kills.Also,kills made by RC Goblins adds to lamekills

so it's totally fair to consider kills made by barons as lame too,when the other lamekill ways are not as bad as this.

This pretty much sums up my post, so yeah. Let's do something about it
No, in my point of view you guys are just making a big deal out of it.

The RC baron is indeed a small target, but not difficult to hit as you're saying. It is actually one of the most easy vehicles to be avoided and destroyed, and that is because of its speed. It is too slow, which makes it such an easy target for anyone. All you need to do is hit a sawn on it, a few uzis and then another sawn and see the magic. Ever wondered why nobody can run from you using a RC baron? It's the speed of it. Yes, there are advantages of it such as that bullet aim, but again the speed jumps in to balance stuff. Did you know that you are faster by running than a RC baron which is not flying? So, you can easily avoid its bullets by running on the back of it. If you are skilled enough at it, you will never be killed by a RC plane, because the opponent is never going to be able to have you in front of his vehicle.

On the other hand, RC plane is such a strong weapon on the hands of those who are "one man army" guys. Use it well and you can beat a whole army with RC baron. That would make stuff more fun than just keep getting killed on your infernus/nrg when you are being chased by 5-6 people, don't you think? On the other hand they can also kill you easily, but that's only if they know how to avoid a RC plane. Personally I use RC plane a lot to fight people and it is pretty good. Not only that it helps me have fun, but it also makes the environment more competitive, because the guys who were killed by my RC plane will surely come to hunt me down again, so yeah, it can be used constructively by gangs and people who want to play alone, and it doesn't take the fun away from anyone.

Sea sparrow and RC plane are two completely different vehicles. One is a super small - slow plane and the other one is a big - fast heli. It is much easier to get away from a fight using a Sea sparrow (that could be e.g. by getting on top of a building) which would be much faster than doing it with RC plane. Also, you can damage from Sea sparrow while standing on air too, but RC can't be stopped on air while you aim on your opponent, because it is a plane. Which means you will have to land your RC if you want to deal good damage to your opponent, and that's when your opponent gets his chance not only to avoid you, but also to kill you.

I agree that RC plane is a special vehicle. It can -at the same time- be a very strong weapon on your hands, but also your biggest enemy. If only you are a little bit careful when you see a RC baron near you, you would not have any problem with it. Keep in mind that, after all, the RC plane is a VIP feature, which of course has to be something special compared to other free features.
It depends on the people who use it.While you are talking about using it alone to face gangbang and be one man army,there are those who use it just to get some free kills and interrupt others fights which is kinda lame.Also even if it's slow,it's still powerful enough to kill someone quickly,considering you can get out before it blows and finish the enemy who got low hp.But it's just my opinion so let's see what others think.
I agree, make it count as lamekill. I hate the rc baron :)
(10-23-2016, 11:05 AM)Darkfire Wrote: I agree, make it count as lamekill. I hate the rc baron :)

No. Madlaggz u sometimes piss me off lol now if u think on one side ur the vip with the baron ur celebrating and if u were the victim ur crying simple and vip ur one!! So why dont u use it as well its good and darkfire no. Not everyone os vip and i love the baron tbh quick revenge thing ask do lock this post madlaggz.
We are slowly destroying VIP features. We started with this no kill after teleport which ruinned /my teleport off. And now the RC vehicles? A big and fat no.
(10-23-2016, 12:57 PM)Mr.Shem Wrote: We are slowly destroying VIP features. We started with this no kill after teleport which ruinned /my teleport off. And now the RC vehicles? A big and fat no.

Is the teleportation thing going to be implemented? That would massively suck - sorry I can't confirm this on my own; I currently have my computer sent off for repairs and can first get ingame later this week.

As regards to the VIP features; sure there needs to be a carrot for donating to the community, but not an advantage of over other players in playing the game and fighting. More houses, bigger bank limit, easier access to neutral remedies such as faster cars, the ability to choose your colour and other 'bling' - go ahead. But having a business model that is pay-2-win is destructive when it comes to having a healthy and thriving community. 

Oresti: "All you need to do is hit a sawn on it, a few uzis and then another sawn and see the magic."

You don't have time to fight an RC Baron in gang fights. The problem is, that they're interfering with otherwise fair fights and is thus an interrupting aspect of the current game mode. 

Oresti: "Not only that it helps me have fun, but it also makes the environment more competitive, because the guys who were killed by my RC plane will surely come to hunt me down again, so yeah, it can be used constructively by gangs and people who want to play alone, and it doesn't take the fun away from anyone."

Of course you're pissing off people by using an RC Baron against groups of people; you're interrupting their game through an annoying pestilence of a feature. If the group of people is fighting someone else - e.g gang fights - they won't come after you. There is nothing competitive about this. Also; obviously it does take a lot of fun away from many people, which is exactly why I created this topic.

Haunter: "No. Madlaggz u sometimes piss me off lol now if u think on one side ur the vip with the baron ur celebrating and if u were the victim ur crying simple and vip ur one!! So why dont u use it as well its good and darkfire no. Not everyone os vip and i love the baron tbh quick revenge thing ask do lock this post madlaggz."

I won't remove this topic. The RC Baron is as already stated an interruptive part of the gamemode and should be considered 'lame' as other features of this kind; drive-by, sea-sparrows, etc. 
If the RC baron doesn't count as lame kills, I think the seasparrow should not count as a lame kill aswell. Its pretty much the same vehicle, the seasparrow is just bigger...