Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Virtual Worlds: An Expansion
Alright, everyone, here's a thought...

Virtual worlds, at the moment, are rather... bland. They have been this way since I can remember—we have yet to utilize them in a truly great way, in my opinion. So what should we do?

Well, let me propose one concept that has the possibility of bringing in new players and revitalizing this great community while also allowing for further elaboration and development: allow the customization and saving of virtual worlds.

"TEF, what in the hell are you talking about?" I'd be happy to explain, kind reader! Basically, what I'm proposing is an expansion of virtual worlds as they stand now. I would love to see virtual worlds with focuses on clan wars, stunting, role play, etc.

"TEF, I'm a clan member. What relevance does this have to me?" I'm so happy you asked! As an example of what this concept could do for you, kind clan member, let me bring up the existence of various clan servers used for training. Why not use an LVP virtual world for this? An individual or gang could easily purchase a virtual world on our server with in-game money, be given access to a few more commands (time, weather, health, spawning locations, weapons, etc.), and run various practices/wars on our server. I'm not saying we have to make virtual worlds cheap for purchase, but it strengthens our economy and is better than paying for one's own server.

"TEF, you said stunting. I like stunting." I do, too! As an example for you, kind stuntman, allow me to present the following: objects. Objects everywhere. Why go to a different server (or use /jump) when you could just create your own little stunt world on your favorite server? As mentioned above, your creation could be saved and altered whenever you please!

"TEF, I love this idea! But what if I have an opinion on this?" This is the best question! Please, please, please share your thoughts with me and the development team! I would love to read whatever thoughts you have, so do not hesitate to share them!

And that's it, everyone! Obviously, there are technicalities I did not really get into (cost of virtual worlds, VIP feature or not, my obsession with third-person narration, etc.), but those can be ironed out. What really matters is what the players think, so I am encouraging friendly discussion here!

Discuss!
Love the idea. Especially stunt worlds would be awsome. I remember driving trought a whole labyrint off pipes with ramps etc. cant remember what server it was though :p but thats something i deffenitly would try with this :p
I agree.
love the idea
maby we can have the stunt lvp back ?
you know whit all the ramps
Great ideas! I agree with you that virtual worlds are being underused right now. Finding new applications for them and making them more fun and interesting is always good!

Why are virtual worlds so little used? Why do I, personally, not use virtual worlds when I'm playing on LVP? The answer is simple: there are no other players there. I love mucking around with other players, while stunting about, blowing crap up, that sort of thing. Unfortunately, I think that's the Achilles' heel for virtual worlds: if you go there on your own, it's pretty darn lonely ;( Not only are there no other players, I believe the main chat is separate for each virtual world as well.

However, for clan wars, this is of course ideal, so that's a great idea and we should do it yesterday. Flesh it out a little and we're on our way to a new awesome feature here!

Stunting though, I'm not too sure about. It could be great to have a single virtual world littered with stunting objects, which people are teleported to when they type /stunt or something along those lines. Include the main chat from the primary world here and you probably don't have the idea that you're the last person alive.

I very much like the idea of having your own world where you can mess around with objects and vehicles as much as you like, for a fee, so that you have to earn money to build the world you want to build. I'm not sure as to what you can do with it after you've finished building. Maybe we can find a way to incorporate this into houses. You could have a marker inside your house which teleports you to your own world, kinda like a backdoor or something. People with access to your house, have access to your world as well.

I'm having a hard time coming up with other ideas, so the above are my thoughts, maybe someone else gets a brilliant idea from them :)
(09-21-2016, 07:28 PM)Mr.Shem Wrote: I agree.
I agree !
(09-20-2016, 09:20 PM)TEF Wrote: "TEF, I'm a clan member. What relevance does this have to me?" I'm so happy you asked! As an example of what this concept could do for you, kind clan member, let me bring up the existence of various clan servers used for training. Why not use an LVP virtual world for this? An individual or gang could easily purchase a virtual world on our server with in-game money, be given access to a few more commands (time, weather, health, spawning locations, weapons, etc.), and run various practices/wars on our server. I'm not saying we have to make virtual worlds cheap for purchase, but it strengthens our economy and is better than paying for one's own server.

I really like the concept of having a virtual world where you can train with your gang members peacefully. :) I would also like to suggest a clanwar system which we can use for events

as well as training with gang members if possible. :)
I love the idea of clans being able to have a virtual world where they can train each other.
Maybe even a world (or kind of minigame) where gangs can have ganwars with each other.

Also, like JT said, it would be awesome to add the stunts back in a virtual world. :D

However, a think I'm worried about but do not have an answer for: At this moment we don't have a really big player base, we don't want to lure too many players out of the main world resulting in barely anybody on the streets when a new player joins.
(09-21-2016, 07:47 PM)jt78 Wrote: love the idea
maby we can have the stunt lvp back ?
you know whit all the ramps

Ramps all over LVP back in the days was surely a success, lets repeat. Main world

On another note:

I like the idea, I just don't think splitting up the players between worlds is a possibility for us when only around 20-30 people are around. We need menace and chaos in the main world and have gang wars and fights there.