Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

GitHub??
Ok, I getting twisted info if anything I guess I just leave this community. Last night, someone told me to leave IRC when I was on there. Now today I have told someone that I can program stuff that is blown, a admin said maybe I need to be a scripter. That is not the case now and I was not going to be in the first place, "You have been blocked from this repository.". Its like I slowly get banned everywhere but I dont know it until its complete, I was not on the game server because I was working on a system that awardspace.com has but I guess that is bad.
Hello MrNateGeek and thank you for your interest in the development of the Las Venturas Playground gamemode! We're always happy to have more people joining in with the development of LVP. After all, we do this for the players :)

Now, regarding your problem with being blocked from our GitHub repository. As a co-owner and Technical Officer of Las Venturas Playground, I keep an eye out on everything that has to do with the technical side of things around here. This includes everything that happens on GitHub. I noticed that you got into multiple debates on our GitHub repository with LVPYassine and mblokker about completely unrelated subjects. mblokker did warn you to read our Code of Conduct and change your behavior accordingly.

Unfortunately, you did not seem to change your attitude after this warning. Even LVPYassine tried to tell you again to stay on topic or something might happen. He was not far from the truth.

The moment I decided to block you from the GitHub repository, was the moment when you stated:

Quote:Does the scripters dont know how to program stuff??? Here I creating a website with Jade and Less even Mustache that complies to HTML and CSS

...in a GitHub issue regarding the punish system for drive-by kills.

I have a few problems with this. Firstly, it's utterly off topic. We want to keep the GitHub issues as concise and informative as possible to help a speedy resolution. Off topic replies do not help in this, so that's why we like to keep them to a minimum or even remove off topic replies if deemed necessary.

Secondly, your question as to whether our developers do not know how to program seems to indicate that our developers are, in your eyes, unfit to help with the development of the Las Venturas Playground gamemode. Now, while not every developer may be as talented or knowledgeable as the other, we help eachother out when it comes to resolving issues and building new features so that we get the best result for everyone. A remark like this is disrespectful to people who are putting time and effort into making the Las Venturas Playground gamemode better. Please don't do that.

And finally, you make a remark about you building a website using technologies completely irrelevant to the development of the Las Venturas Playground gamemode. As you may or may not have noticed, the LVP gamemode uses primarily Pawn to communicate with the SA-MP server. In the last couple of months we made large efforts to build an alternative to Pawn in the form of Javascript. We built our own Javascript interpreter module for the SA-MP server in C++ to circumvent the performance bottlenecks we were facing using the standard Pawn implementation in SA-MP. At no point do we use technologies such as Jade, LESS or Mustache. We do not even output HTML or CSS in the gamemode, hence why they are irrelevant.

You mention that you were working on a system that awardspace.com uses as well. What kind of system are you talking about here and in what way is this related to the Las Venturas Playground gamemode? You did not mention this at all in any GitHub issue or pull request you commented on. Small tip here: if you want to contribute, communication with the other developers is key or else nobody knows what you are doing. From my point of view it looked like you were disturbing our development process, hence why I blocked you from the GitHub repository.

I hope this clears one or two things up for you. Have a nice day!

MrBondt