Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Feature]Gangs/Events etc.
Ok,so I spoke to Granny today n im making this topic with an idea to improve the server if possible :)

1 I'm gonna start with bugs,there aren't many but some of them are pretty annoying,like for example:

-Dying after we lose last fight in duels.
-Our vw get's fked up w/e we leave the fight for some reason.
-Achievements can't be completed,13 of them(if i am right about the number) we don't even have on the list.
-Racing system,im not able to complete drifting achievements since i remember,cos those races always get bugged after some times.

2. Things that could be added,to improve the server and make it more fun to play:

-Adding turfs around would be cool,if u agree,this game can't survive for long without clans and their silly fights.So there would be a time limit after the turf expires,so players would have to come IG more often if they want to hold them.Also the clan which has the most turfs under their control should have some priorities.That shouldn't be some big advantage over the other players,but smthng what everyone else can see.U'd also have to set up a limit,so one clan can only take two or three turfs each day.Ofc, there IG, has to be someone from the clan that holds the turf, or u wouldn't be able to attack it.

-Also a good thing would be if there is arena,for CW's only.And to make CW system like,i got an idea:
If u could add command "/CW invite" and after u enter player's ID, his whole clan gets invited to a CW, and after dying in fights,
they keep spawning in there till the war is over.Ofc their chating wouldn't affect the main chat,same thing as we have in fighting system already.
I haven't seen such a thing in any server so idk if it can be done,but if it's possible that would be something unique, and this could attract some
other players to come in and have their cw's right here,in LVP.

-Adding events is a think a great idea, it' a good way of fun,requires skills and there should be prices for event winners.I've seen many events around,
for example there is one called "Capture the flag", the goal is to take the enemy flag and bring it to ur base, but u can't score if ur flag is taken.So u have
to protect your flag and steal their.Players are separated in two times and the team who reach some number first,wins the event.This is just an example,
there could be many events,with cars,bikes etc, if u ever decide to do something about it, and need some ideas, pm me.

-People should be able to earn and have their own stuff,like houses,cars,properties,This aint a RPG right,but it would be cool if we could save our tunned cars
and be the only ones with a permission to drive them.Also would be cool if we could use "/park" commands to save our cars on location.But also those things
should be incredibly expensive and hard to get them.

-The map is pretty much empty,I've mentioned that players like objects,stairs everywhere,this maybe isn't the best idea,but u could add few changes just to
make it more interesting.

-Players should get prices for their activity,dominating,helping others, in the form of cookies or w/e, that can be given only by admins.So u can use those to
spawn weapons,teleport to somewhere,put bounty on someone's head and something like that.For example, i need a sniper rifle right now, this moment,
i just type "/sniper" and i get one, but it takes my 20 cookies away.Those awards should be also added to our stats,so everyone can see it.

-Clans in PTP should be able to have their own base,where they can get free weapons,refill.Ofc this teritory also could be threatened and taken by some other clan
but just a bit harder than usual turfs,for an example: if u want to take some turf at least one of ur members has to stay in it all the time and u have to save position
for 3-4 minutes,but in a case that turf is the main base of some clan,thenit takes 5 minutes.Clan leaders should be able to give ranks IG to their members,and it
should be shown next to their names in a clan chat.

-LV is the main spot and there should be more good properties with a big incomes that can be bought.

I'm starting with this,list is going to be updated w/e i have some time/badass idea in my mind. :Y)

If u decide to work on it,and start considering any of this suggestions,
let me know,because this is only briefly and I could picture it much better,
for any of these suggestions individually.Feel free to pm me.
Thank you very much for taking the time to make this thread. I've read through it and like what you've said. I'm going to head off for the night but I'll be sure to respond back tomorrow with specific answers and thoughts so that we can attempt to get the ball rolling on implementing them!
Coolio!
I'm glad there is a will to make some steps finally, we also need Cake in.

Cy tomorrow :)
Greetings,

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -Dying after we lose last fight in duels.
I haven't personally seen this (I'm not much of a fighter). When you're next in-game, would you mind pinging me so we can start a duel?

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -Our vw get's fked up w/e we leave the fight for some reason.
I can't say I'm familiar with "vw" - can you clarify?

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -Achievements can't be completed,13 of them(if i am right about the number) we don't even have on the list.
Would you be able to name the problematic achievements?

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -Racing system,im not able to complete drifting achievements since i remember,cos those races always get bugged after some times.
There's currently an open bug report for this: http://trac.sa-mp.nl/lvp/ticket/1548

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -Adding turfs around would be cool,if u agree,this game can't survive for long without clans and their silly fights.So there would be a time limit after the turf expires,so players would have to come IG more often if they want to hold them.Also the clan which has the most turfs under their control should have some priorities.That shouldn't be some big advantage over the other players,but smthng what everyone else can see.U'd also have to set up a limit,so one clan can only take two or three turfs each day.Ofc, there IG, has to be someone from the clan that holds the turf, or u wouldn't be able to attack it.
This is currently work in progress: http://trac.sa-mp.nl/lvp/ticket/1262

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -Also a good thing would be if there is arena,for CW's only.And to make CW system like,i got an idea:
If u could add command "/CW invite" and after u enter player's ID, his whole clan gets invited to a CW, and after dying in fights,
they keep spawning in there till the war is over.Ofc their chating wouldn't affect the main chat,same thing as we have in fighting system already.
I haven't seen such a thing in any server so idk if it can be done,but if it's possible that would be something unique, and this could attract some
other players to come in and have their cw's right here,in LVP.
I very much like this idea. What you're essentially suggesting, from what I can gather, is for the existing FightClub system to be used as the base for this, with the addition that it can be used for entire gangs. I think the current FC locations would work well,

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -Adding events is a think a great idea, it' a good way of fun,requires skills and there should be prices for event winners.I've seen many events around,
for example there is one called "Capture the flag", the goal is to take the enemy flag and bring it to ur base, but u can't score if ur flag is taken.So u have
to protect your flag and steal their.Players are separated in two times and the team who reach some number first,wins the event.This is just an example,
there could be many events,with cars,bikes etc, if u ever decide to do something about it, and need some ideas, pm me.
Again, I like the idea behind this.

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -People should be able to earn and have their own stuff,like houses,cars,properties,This aint a RPG right,but it would be cool if we could save our tunned cars
and be the only ones with a permission to drive them.Also would be cool if we could use "/park" commands to save our cars on location.But also those things
should be incredibly expensive and hard to get them.
One of the issues here I can immediately think of is how cluttered the game mode would become with players having their own props, vehicles, etc. saved all the over map. Right now, there is a very wide selection of properties all over the map, around 320 of them. In relation to vehicles, we're planning on revamping them, though there is currently an issue with in-game vehicle saving which causes issues with how vehicles align/spawn. Once this is complete, there will be a wider array of vehicles for you to choose from. One thing I would like to see is Personal Vehicles, though and instead of them being saved at various locations on the map, they would be spawned at the player's discretion, using something like /veh. Players could find a vehicle of their choice on the map, tune it up, and then use a command to save it (e.g. /vsave). Then, to load it, they would use /veh. However, this functionality would need to be earnt, in a similar way to how players unlock /inf by collecting 100 tags. From what I've seen, players love something to work towards, such as /inf -- I still see new players to this day asking for help with finding tags.

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -The map is pretty much empty,I've mentioned that players like objects,stairs everywhere,this maybe isn't the best idea,but u could add few changes just to
make it more interesting.
There's (to my knowledge) no non-standard objects in our game mode, in the main world (world 0). Honestly speaking, I don't mind that. We have a selection of custom teleports in other worlds (under the /teles command). What we do need to do a better job of, though, is promoting those areas. Last year, or perhaps 2013, we had a list of teleports at the bottom of the screen (e.g /jump 0 - /derby - /tow) and in my opinion, that needs to be re-introduced.

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -Players should get prices for their activity,dominating,helping others, in the form of cookies or w/e, that can be given only by admins.So u can use those to
spawn weapons,teleport to somewhere,put bounty on someone's head and something like that.For example, i need a sniper rifle right now, this moment,
i just type "/sniper" and i get one, but it takes my 20 cookies away.Those awards should be also added to our stats,so everyone can see it.
I have no real thoughts/opinion about this one.

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -Clans in PTP should be able to have their own base,where they can get free weapons,refill.Ofc this teritory also could be threatened and taken by some other clan
but just a bit harder than usual turfs,for an example: if u want to take some turf at least one of ur members has to stay in it all the time and u have to save position
for 3-4 minutes,but in a case that turf is the main base of some clan,thenit takes 5 minutes.Clan leaders should be able to give ranks IG to their members,and it
should be shown next to their names in a clan chat.
This is a neat idea, although we do have the LV Gangbase which gives (armour? been a long time!) and I haven't seen any real use of this in recent months.

(07-27-2015, 09:08 PM)Chiraq link Wrote: -LV is the main spot and there should be more good properties with a big incomes that can be bought.
We made changes to props recently. Some props were removed, some were moved, and the rest were re-priced with adjusted earnings. The reason being is that it was (and perhaps, still is) too easy to get a full bank balance in no time at all. Here's how I see it. When I complete all the missions in a single player game, I tend to abandon the game because I've done everything there is to do. Properties and earning money are a big part of LVP, and if they can achieve a full bank so quickly -- there's not much incentive to keep returning.

--

I'm all for new features and fun things to do, however, I think it's important to polish up existing features and stamp out bugs before adding anything new. Like mentioned, the race system isn't perfect, I've seen a few bugged minigames, the merchant vehicle sometimes spawns in the sea, etc. For what it's worth, I'm working on a project for LVP which should bring in some new players (outside of development) though sadly I can't guarantee anything will come of it.

P.s. you may like to check out:

http://development.sa-mp.nl/console/
http://trac.sa-mp.nl/lvp/timeline

Thanks!
Quote:I haven't personally seen this (I'm not much of a fighter). When you're next in-game, would you mind pinging me so we can start a duel?
Ofc,I'll join it in few hours and im gonna look for ya there.

Quote:I can't say I'm familiar with "vw" - can you clarify?
VW(virtual world),everytime I lose connection/crash during some fight and i join the game again,this bug appears,so i usually throw nades to kill myself so i can fix it.

Quote:Would you be able to name the problematic achievements?
That's a problem actually.Those aren't even on the list,and I remember that I asked Gibbs about it, long time ago since he has it all completed 66/66.
He told me that for some of them u need a help from an admin,otherwise u can't complete them.That's pretty bad,I think u should : replace those/put on the list those ones that could be done/remove them.
Whatever it takes to make it possible for every player to complete all the achievemnts!

@turfs: If some clan has any turf in their possession, and get inactive for some longer period, turfs should be automatically set as free, so the other clans have equal chances to get them.

Quote:I very much like this idea. What you're essentially suggesting, from what I can gather, is for the existing FightClub system to be used as the base for this, with the addition that it can be used for entire gangs. I think the current FC locations would work well,
I see u got my point.But not all the locations,some arenas are too small for entire gangs.

Quote: Players could find a vehicle of their choice on the map, tune it up, and then use a command to save it (e.g. /vsave). Then, to load it, they would use /veh. However, this functionality would need to be earnt, in a similar way to how players unlock /inf by collecting 100 tags.
Even better.

I checked out the links u shared,looks like Cake is also doing his best!
GJ guys.
Thank you for taking the time to demonstrate the FightClub issues. I've opened cases for each of these:

http://trac.sa-mp.nl/lvp/ticket/1557
http://trac.sa-mp.nl/lvp/ticket/1558
I'm adding few more recommendations:

-We should have skin command,/skin [ID].It's easy to make,I see people everyday asking how to change their skins.

-Idk if I ever said this,but I think that our registration system is also annoying.U have to visit site if u want to register,which means that u have to leave the game and log in after making an account.So all the money u got as unregistered player is gone.Except there's an admin around who wants to help.Anyways it's bad,we should have "/register" command.

-This one is very important for me,u should have at least raise a bit that time before someone buy our props.I don't remember precisely what it is now,but i know it's not good enough to get my money back.Most of the time when someone buy my prop IG,i lose money.So,don't allow others to buy someone's prop,or raise the time limit before they can do it,so the person which already has the property can earn some money before that happen.
I'm obv not affected by this,but speaking objectively,I don't like it.I remember I had few situations back in past while i was trying to fill my bank account and i didnt like it since then.

-About the money bag,the clues are not good enough.I never see randoms seeking for the moneybag,or they just quit after some time when they see no one can help them to find it.That should be accessible for everyone.I don't say u should write precise location there but it least close it up to everyone,a bit more.

-And this one aint useful as the previous ones,but i'd like to have it.I can see only admins can change car colors,why don't u allow everyone else do do that aswell.Add "/ccolor [ID] [ID]" or something like that.This would be cool.

Some bugs i don't like:

-After u kill someone by using DB and u get thrown in the air,there is a way to avoid punishment.U can just /tp to someone and u r saved.Players shouldn't be allowed to use any commands while justice is being carried out on them.

-Players can go afk while fighting without limits.One guy did that on purpose while dueling me,we were playing and after he lost some fights he came back undercover,invited me to fc and just pressed esc i guess.He was afk,while i was standing there waiting on him,before i decided to relog.He came undercover the day after and repeated the same act again.How could i know it was him?
He confessed that to me cos he was obviously 'proud' of his acts.I don't like any idea of abusing and this is one way of it.

Extra not: I hope Granny already suggested to allow killing players in interiors,except ammu/bank/burger shop,so ppl won't run into interiors that much when they are about to get killed.
Good points, I will look this over soon.
one more suggestion Srry to interfer in u r suggestion : MoneyBags Starting Value Must be Little Higher
its Only 1000$ :( no one will find Moneybag for that Its Must be atleast 100000 Start Value
(08-20-2015, 04:35 PM)Hopper link Wrote: one more suggestion Srry to interfer in u r suggestion : MoneyBags Starting Value Must be Little Higher
its Only 1000$ :( no one will find Moneybag for that Its Must be atleast 100000 Start Value
Or even more maybe.Nice suggestion,keep it up!