Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

LVP MurderWeek Competition!
Hello all,
I have a proposition for a new competition that is both team-based and requires no deviance from your regular gameplay on LVP.
Is it too good to be true, you ask? No sir! All shall be explained...

The objective:
-People will organize groups of 4 players per team.
-Each participant in MurderWeek creates a new account so that counting kills becomes a viable option (and there are no admin rights on these accounts). These kills, deaths and hours can later be added to your primary account stats if wanted.
The team with the most kills in the week of competition wins!
-Teamkills not only do not count, but subtract from the overall kill count.

When?
We would all decide on a suitable starting time (say, 12:00 GMT/EST/whatever on March 01), at which time the fighters may log in with their MurderWeek accounts. These accounts will be banned as soon as they are created so that they may remain "fresh" of kills before MurderWeek.
As soon as the clock ticks over to 12:00 GMT/EST/whatever a week later on March 08, all players are immediately banned so that the statistics will freeze and be calculated to a total.

I'd like to present this idea for open discussion and suggestions (ie, would 5 players per team be better? I'd prefer 4 seeing as the larger clans can split into two groups, and it's not too hard for smaller clans to find players).

The problems:
This is where we really need ideas. The one major problem I foresee is teamkilling. It would be very easy for a team to kill each other to rack up lots of very quick kills- or even to negotiate with an opposing team to give them an unfair boost. Perhaps LVP coders could help by saying what is possible and what isn't possible.
I know that teamkilling can be turned off, but I'm not sure if implementing this into LVP code would be a viable option, if even only for a week.
One idea- perhaps there's a way of coding the #lvp.echo so that whenever a fighter kills a fighter of the same team, an IRC bot recognizes the kill and adds this kill to a counter, showing the number of teamkills that will be subtracted from the overall score at the end of MurderWeek.

A quick solution to this issue would be to subtract the number of deaths from the number of kills- however I'd rather only the kills be counted for at least two reasons:
1. Newbies/amateur fighters will stand a chance, seeing as activity is clearly awarded in this competition. That's not to say that a team of beasts would not beat a team of newbies with double their activity.
2. Hackers/cheaters on the server may have an unfair influence on the death count of clean players.

I'd love to hear some ideas on how to fix this issue, plus any other ideas people may have.
Nice idea mate, How about tournament based sort of thing like clan wars, Setup times for each team to vs each team for 5  rounds and total up the amount of kills and deaths of each team member once every team fights each other team in tournament

Make an account [MW]"name" and 4 people make a gang and be red and use this skin

[Image: Skin_80.png]

And another one in blue

[Image: Skin_81.png]
sound good  ;)
yoo its good !
Face u and me togther :D
Great idea! It is definitely possible to either have a filterscript or an IRC bot which logs in team kills. Technically, it would check each kill that occurred on the server, and see whether the tag in front of the killer and the victim is the same- if so, flag it as team kill. Obviously different teams would need different tags. We could have it to check different skins as well, it's really up to you.

If you are willing to organize the event, we could make it official. :) You in?
I like the idea this would be fun!

Quote:It would be very easy for a team to kill each other to rack up lots of very quick kills- or even to negotiate with an opposing team to give them an unfair boost. Perhaps LVP coders could help by saying what is possible and what isn't possible.

This will be a problem but I think we all can 'trust' each other about this point, not to abuse it. Old players at least, or am I too naive?
Maybe this competition could be supervised by at least 2 admins online (that are not going to participate)  to monitor the kills or something.
Great idea :)
whats the prize
(02-16-2014, 11:01 AM)Kase link Wrote: Great idea! It is definitely possible to either have a filterscript or an IRC bot which logs in team kills. Technically, it would check each kill that occurred on the server, and see whether the tag in front of the killer and the victim is the same- if so, flag it as team kill. Obviously different teams would need different tags. We could have it to check different skins as well, it's really up to you.

If you are willing to organize the event, we could make it official. :) You in?

Yeah I was thinking of something along those lines regarding the IRC bot.
Absolutely in, though I need not be the only one.

(02-16-2014, 12:30 PM)Fat Cobra link Wrote: whats the prize
Pride, bragging rights. Nobody's putting up any real money and I'd guess most participants are already VIP and have hundreds of millions in the bank.
(02-16-2014, 02:30 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Yeah I was thinking of something along those lines regarding the IRC bot.
Absolutely in, though I need not be the only one.

I can help, of course. Just get the rules straight and work out a system to distinguish the different teams (tags or skins?) and then we may have a go :)