Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Suggestion] Safe log-in
Edit: I withdraw my suggestion. Apparently an earlier feature that will do is back.

Hello,

Regularly when I'm about to go play SAMP I don't get any time to join LVP in a normal way. Not even one second after logging in there's a player teleporting to me to kill me. One of the lamest moves ever if you ask me, killing an unprepared person logging in.

My suggestion, if possible, is something that will give you like 5-20 seconds of invulnerability or a feature that will disable people to teleport to you the first xx seconds you logged in.
Donate and become VIP -> u can disable teleporting to u then.
(05-14-2013, 01:10 PM)h4Xx0r link Wrote: Donate and become VIP -> u can disable teleporting to u then.

This function isn't working anymore since last year. I agree with Xero's suggestion.
(05-14-2013, 01:14 PM)SnelleHap link Wrote: This function isn't working anymore since last year. I agree with Xero's suggestion.
It is working.

(05-14-2013, 01:09 PM)XeroXTL link Wrote: Hello,

Regularly when I'm about to go play SAMP I don't get any time to join LVP in a normal way. Not even one second after logging in there's a player teleporting to me to kill me. One of the lamest moves ever if you ask me, killing an unprepared person logging in.

My suggestion, if possible, is something that will give you like 5-20 seconds of invulnerability or a feature that will disable people to teleport to you the first xx seconds you logged in.
We're planning on redesigning the whole teleportation system (you can read more about it in this topic), which will allow anyone (including non-VIPs) to let you choose who can teleport to you.
Don't want to be negative, but i see lots of plans on the forum but very little changes to be honest. There are also quite a bit of features that stopped working and havent been repared etc...
Our big plan is to rewrite most parts of the gamemode, so many changes are planned and are in the works. Unfortunately, it is a huge task, and the developers can't dedicate themselves exclusively to Las Venturas Playground as they're busy with their daily lives as well, and some of us even work.

All we're asking is a bit of patience until we sort out the core features of the gamemode, and then we'll get to other things.
(05-14-2013, 05:17 PM)Kase link Wrote: Our big plan is to rewrite most parts of the gamemode, so many changes are planned and are in the works. Unfortunately, it is a huge task, and the developers can't dedicate themselves exclusively to Las Venturas Playground as they're busy with their daily lives as well, and some of us even work.

All we're asking is a bit of patience until we sort out the core features of the gamemode, and then we'll get to other things.
I see a lot of discussion about changing the gamemode, will we be having a huge comeback? Why are we fixing the gamemode up if no one is playing?
Quote:Molly link=topic=32147.msg439995#msg439995 date=1368551443]
I see a lot of discussion about changing the gamemode, will we be having a huge comeback? Why are we fixing the gamemode up if no one is playing?

Las Venturas Playground has seen little to no advertisment in the last 1-2 years. Going open source (along with a bunch other tools of ours) once we've got a cleaned up gamemode will give us quite a lot of visibility, which means players may begin to pour in once our name is out there, only if our gamemode is up to the expectations.

We hope we'll see a higher playercount in the future on Las Venturas Playground, but we had to take some risks, which include losing some functionality in the process of redesigning our server. :)
(05-14-2013, 06:29 PM)Kase link Wrote: Las Venturas Playground has seen little to no advertisment in the last 1-2 years. Going open source (along with a bunch other tools of ours) once we've got a cleaned up gamemode will give us quite a lot of visibility, which means players may begin to pour in once our name is out there, only if our gamemode is up to the expectations.

We hope we'll see a higher playercount in the future on Las Venturas Playground, but we had to take some risks, which include losing some functionality in the process of redesigning our server. :)
So your saying your comment to that means that we're going to have a much improved server? Lots of people are saying that RP servers are going up on the SA-MP gamemode list.. What's your argument that LVP will do any better than an RP server?
Quote:Molly link=topic=32147.msg440001#msg440001 date=1368559718]
Lots of people are saying that RP servers are going up on the SA-MP gamemode list.. What's your argument that LVP will do any better than an RP server?
can you show us statistics about the assumption you made?