Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Which do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
First Person
12.50%
1 12.50%
Third Person
25.00%
2 25.00%
Both have their benefits.
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

First or third person perspective?
Firstly I'll admit fps games do nothing for me but I was wondering, as they seem to be so popular, if you had the option to change to a third person perspective in those games would you prefer it?

I've always enjoyed seeing my character on screen, seeing how they interact with the environment, other people etc. and it allows me to empathise with the character I'm playing as more. In Skyrim I was almost always in third person except for times when my aim was being blocked (sneak-archer-assassin ftw!) and what would be the point of character customisation (aesthetically) if you can't see it. I would be interested to hear views from the other side as to why you prefer first person.

Edit: Oh I also played dishonored a hell of a lot when it came out and thoroughly enjoyed it but would still have loved the option to switch perspective as I still felt a bit blase towars the character at the end although that may have been because of the story.
I would have to go with first person, it's better when you can see immersive features, like your legs, and your chest during animations, or just when looking down.

Thirst person rarely works out well for close quarter, fast reaction games.
(12-13-2012, 07:35 AM)xBlueXFoxx link Wrote: I would have to go with first person, it's better when you can see immersive features, like your legs, and your chest during animations, or just when looking down.

Thirst person rarely works out well for close quarter, fast reaction games.

omg! he's a vampire!

I went for both, because it very much depends on the game. For example that third-person mode they added in MW2 wasn't nearly as fun as playing the game normally, in first-person. And imagine a splinter cell game in first-person, or GTA... it just wouldn't be the same. I have no real personal preference, I just prefer whatever suits each individual game better.