Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Sniper's headshot damage increased from 100 to 120?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Woho! (yes)
52.38%
11 52.38%
Nope! (no)
47.62%
10 47.62%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Increasing the Headshot damage
Hello there!

When I'm playing I like to use the sniper and aim for the headshot. This is one of the things I absolutely love. The only downside to it is that it doesn't feel as rewarding as I'd prefer.

I did some research and the sniper does an approximate 41-42 damage, this will kill you in 5 shots since you have 200hp (you all know this already). What I'm suggesting would be to increase the sniper's headshot damage from 100 to 160. This means that you would be able to kill a player by shooting them once in the head and then once in the body, making it much more rewarding for sniping someone in the head. Though not so rewarding as to be a one hit kill.

The sniper is a walking weapon, which means you cannot sprint. You need to be standing still in order to fire your weapon, and the default scope is blocking quite a lot of your view. It also has a slightly limited fire-rate (unlike the deagle's which you can avoid with C-Bug). And after all that you need to actually hit the head, which isn't all too easy. These would be my arguments for having the HS damage increased to reward players who are able to do this more.

If you think that having 160 damage (headshot and bodyshot) is too much then my second choice would be 120 damage (headshot and 2 bodyshots).

I'm interested in hearing everyone's opinions on the matter, everyone can't be as fond of sniping as I am. Let me know why, or why you wouldn't want this to happen.

TL;DR Increase the headshot damage from 100 to 160! Yay or nay?

Edit: Since the vote results after about three weeks were 17 yes and 10 no, I'm changing the poll to 120 damage to see the results.
TL;DR.. Yay!
nay. 120 can be good though.
I'm not going to vote on the poll, but I just wanted to state that this is by far the best idea I have read on here in months. I have personally been asking this for years actually (Jay can confirm this).
Snipers should have been really close to one hit kills (for example, two shots on the body is a confirmed kill, one simple headshot is an instant kill- although this may be a bit too aggressive for some).

Kudos for the idea, Lithirm. Even if no one else agrees, you can take my word that this is awesome.
I'm not sure what the exact damage is with headshots right now but I know you can kill someone with 2 headshots.
Yes.
(09-19-2012, 04:03 PM)Richard link Wrote: I'm not sure what the exact damage is with headshots right now but I know you can kill someone with 2 headshots.

It's 100, and it is quite difficult to consecutively headshot the same player twice. This way, you'd be able to kill a player with 1 headshot and 1 bodyshot. Right now it takes 1 headshot and 3 bodyshots if the enemy's got full health.
I did it several times :D

But yeah, I can see how that is easier.
However, I do think it is pretty annoying when you are fighting and suddenly drop dead from a headshot. This is already the case but increasing the damage would make this problem bigger.
(09-19-2012, 04:21 PM)Richard link Wrote: I did it several times :D

But yeah, I can see how that is easier.
However, I do think it is pretty annoying when you are fighting and suddenly drop dead from a headshot. This is already the case but increasing the damage would make this problem bigger.

Thank you.
Yes, definitely.
Also headshots should count as a kill, because when you give a player two headshots in a row you don't seem to get the kill.