Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Source] Explanation where what is located
I've been surfing the open tickets (bugs), and most of those bugs cannot be fixed by me due to I have no idea where everything is located. It takes a very long time to search through 100+ files for specific functions. Is there anyone who can give me and the new developer(s) a possible guide of what where is located? I'd really appreciate it :3
Unfortunately, we don't have a real documentation, and since we are rewriting (most of) our code, writing documentation now would be stupid. Although you may want to join our IRC channel and ask there if you have any question about the code :)
What may also help you is just searching the function or variable name in every single source file (I use Notepad++, press ctrl + h and hit the search in files tab) in order to see where the function or variable is used or where it points to.

If you don't have any pointer as to which function or variable to lookup, you might just want to search for the native callbacks. For example, if you know a bug occurs when a player enters a car, search OnPlayerEnterVehicle or OnPlayerStateChange in the source, and then quickly skim through the code under the callback in order to find the function that may be fucking something up.

That'll get you through a maze of code before you get where you want to be but I find that to be the best way to get familiar with the code structure. After a while you'll be able to skip these steps and you'll have an idea of where to look for something.
Oh, and take a look at this. We're mostly using that instead of trac right now. It's quite simple and direct, so it doesn't really need any explanation. It is open to anyone, so beta testers, administrators (and even players) can report bugs right there.
Thank you.. I will just try to search and use the google documentation.
If you use the LVP Pawn Editor, it will be able to auto-complete method names as you type them. That's very convenient if you're not yet familiar with the code!

Also, I just finished the online documentation :D. Now you can see why good comments in the code are useful!!

http://development.sa-mp.nl/documentation.php

A few IRC commands are also available:

!documentation
!docs
!class TaxAgency

All the documentation is public, so feel free to share :).
There are still some bugs though... on my list:
  • Properly format comments (i.e. multiple paragraphs).
  • Support tables in comment blocks.
  • Improve parsing because the license isn't docs.
  • Single-line comments need to be recognized too.
  • It needs to display the filenames in which a class is defined.
  • It should display constants too.
  • Need an annotation to ignore something from the docs.
Holy awesomeness \o/