Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Ingame DJing
I've been thinking about this for a few days now.

How about we completely remove the Shoutcast functionality and add an ingame DJ system.

Player types in a search box, a list of songs come up, they create a playlist and wollah.

[Image: msp6.jpg]

It queries the MP3 website MP3skull and displays a list of results ingame.

However, area for discussion: what do we do when no DJs are ingame?
discuss!
If this replaces the DJ system, why does it matter if no DJ's are in-game? Doesn't this mean everyone is their own DJ?
Will this functionality be only available to actual DJ's? If so, does that mean you are required to be ingame everytime you DJ? If it's for all players: is everyone his/her own DJ then or not? If so, what's the point of using this over your own music?
Well I actually like this...

This is a way where i could dj aswell - u may know i cant atm since my bandwith is a complete messĀ  :(

U could make it a "hidden" command just like the admin-commands e.g.
Maybe sth like /dj and only actual dj's could use it..

wouldnt that work?
I don't think there would be any point in making this like a music player available to every player.

The idea is basically to make an ingame DJ interface available only to DJs who has the DJ status on this forum.

-> They type in the name of the song
-> The server communicates with MP3Skull and compiles and returns a list of results displayed in a dialog
-> The DJ selects a song which then adds it to a playlist.
wollah

The only drawback is indeed in order to DJ they must be ingame.

Perhaps we could make use of both systems? Only make this feature available when LVP Auto-DJ is running? Otherwise give priority to whoever is DJing on the shoutcast server.

I'm not sure how reliable this will be though since mp3skull itself does contain a lot of dead links and it's not really possible to check the reliability since the audio streaming in SA-MP is limited...
Hey another thing that came to my mind:

Maybe its possible to "link" MP3-files in a Dropbox-Account or to access the files from the lvp-server?

Or is this basically what MP3Skull does? ^^

as stated before:
Ingame DJing would be awesome for me since i could dj aswell then ;)

i like the idea this way - and of course DJing "available only to DJs who has the DJ status on this forum"
This indeed is what MP3 skull does, yes.

Dropbox would not work unfortunately.
The MP3Skull website provides information regarding the duration of those songs, which the server would need to read in order to know when the song ends:

[Image: epekxl.jpg]

It's actually quite difficult and a bit hacky to get it working. Should be fun and a useful feature though :)
This could be a good VIP perk. Each VIP is limited to x hours per day to DJ, and actual Radio DJ's are unlimited and take priority over the VIPs. This way we can be more selective of the actual DJ's.
im active all the time lol! I have studies but I can half hour / hour at LEAST every day, Im a new DJ I got accepted but no-one has said anythinh to me since..
(04-02-2012, 05:34 PM)MacSto link Wrote: This could be a good VIP perk. Each VIP is limited to x hours per day to DJ, and actual Radio DJ's are unlimited and take priority over the VIPs. This way we can be more selective of the actual DJ's.

If you donated money you're -allowed- to do more work (DJ)?

We first need to get a better coverage. Right now the autoDJ is 80% Mark is 15% and Rainedrop is 5%.