Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S]Languages
Today I was online with about 10 other ppl. 5 of them were new guys who were speaking dutch in the main chat. They all had fun playing around, untill some facist admin came along muting everyone. This caused the player count to drop to 3.

Just wondering. How about reprofiling the server to a dutch server or basically allow anyone to speak the language they want. Maybe if dutch in main chat would be allowed we'd have more dutch speaking people and less laggers. I know you guys installed some rules back in the day the server was more popular, but the rigid application of those rules is causing people to leave.

Regards,

target
This is something that the crew has discussed many times. The issue that we had with it, is that allowing different languages will make it nearly impossible to moderate the chat. Ultimately, that's why it was decided against.
I dont see the need to moderate the chat. Yesterday the server did not need any moderation, yet someone decided to 'moderate' and caused 70% of the server to leave, some of which were new guys actually having fun on the server!

There are thousands of servers out there where you can speak whatever language you want. If you want to make the difference by not allowing that and applying strict rules which makes the seldom online admin firmly in control of the chatting of 4-7 players, then i dont think thats a good choice for the future of lvp.