Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

How are things going on with X-raying?
I have heard that you guys managed to somehow forbidden the x-raying, but my survival base got robbed for the 4th time or something. I just want clearance, is there anything that you are going to do about X-rayers or no, because I am not playing survival anymore. I have some screenshots if necessary.
A player has been recently banned for X-ray in survival. We were using a plugin that blocks X-ray but it caused for lots of lag so we disabled it. We will re-enable it once we are running on the new server.
view-distance=7

Put this into server.properties, default = 10

Should fix any lag issues, including the ones the anti x-ray causes. Either way it only works for the mods, not the texture packs.
(05-13-2012, 09:39 PM)Sophia link Wrote: Reducing the distance people can see isn't really to best way to combat cheaters, it only pisses off players. And the view distance in minecraft is already tragicly low.

Said it before and i'll say it again, enable /fly on for everyone..especially since the most popular fly mod is bundled with an xray mod...

Reducing the distance is not to combat cheaters, the anti xray is a bit resource expensive, but setting the draw distance to 7 hardly effects how far you can see, but greatly increases performance for the server, I've proven this on my server many times. At 7 it only prevents drawing of what takes ages to load anyways, because Minecraft has a delay for how fast it loads chunks to increase performance and reduce lag spikes. Also I'd not recommend the plugin that modifies the actual .jar file I've noticed it to be glitchy, have more conflicts with other plugins like NoLagg, and be worse in performance than the one stated below.

This one is much better, I've had no issues with it so far, they're very similar, just this one is better.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/orebfuscator/

As a side note, they're not taking proper security against flymods?

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheatplus/
My server can run it just fine, previous servers I've had cannot, in this case according to MacSto he's saying the current server can't handle it and I'm just bringing up an alternative solution for the time being until he gets a good enough server. Also, as I stated changing from 10 to 7 doesn't make much of a difference at all as it only removes far distant chunks that are rarely loaded anyways, at least it takes a minute or so for them to load because of Minecraft's client delay on chunk loading to save performance. People who move around won't notice a difference at all, you'll have to stay still for a minute to notice a difference, and that difference is small. This small change makes a huge difference in the performance on the anti xray plugins and general performance of the server.
(05-02-2012, 05:53 PM)HellsGuard link Wrote: Hello all,

Some of you might already know this or use this, but alot of people don't understand the launcher or a shell file and don't know you can add alot or params to better run your Tekkit.

First off, this is not mine, just spreading the information around, the original post and creator can be found http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/optimiz...ack.25994/ ALL Credits to him/her.

Remember to make changes to the -Xmx and -Xms  (-Xms is how much RAM your server boots with, -Xmx is how much MAX ram you will allocate to it)

[64 Bit Optimized for pure Satisfaction]
Code:
java -native -server -Xincgc -Xmx6144M -Xms2048M -Xmn512M -XX:NewRatio=3 -Xrs -XX:+UseThreadPriorities

-XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC

-XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods

-XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4

-XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -Xcheck:jni -Xfuture -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp "Tekkit.jar" -jar "Tekkit.jar"

nogui

[32 Bit Optimized for longtime Crafting !!!]
Code:
java -native -server -Xincgc -Xmx2048M -Xms512M -Xmn256M -XX:NewRatio=2 -Xrs -XX:+UseThreadPriorities

-XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1024 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC

-XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods

-XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4

-XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -Xcheck:jni -Xfuture -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp "Tekkit.jar" -jar "Tekkit.jar"

nogui

It will run and work on a VPS, mine is simply

Code:
#!/bin/sh
java -native -server -Xincgc -Xmx3072M -Xms1024M -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:+UseThreadPriorities -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1

-XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:+DisableExplicitGC

-Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

-XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=8 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp "Tekkit.jar" -jar "Tekkit.jar"

nogui

I run mine from a shell file (.sh) since my OS on the VPS is Linux+CentOS it has a starting heap of 1GB, and a max heap of 3GB, with this added into my launcher our server took 64 Nukes, we went up a few ticks and went to 125, still ran strong, so we decided to give it the ultimate test and plopped down 2491 (WorldEdit) It ran strong for awhile until the blast radius started to spill into un-loaded chunks.

If you use this and it helps you, please goto the original post located at the top of this post, and thank the OP, or if you need support, make sure to visit that post, im simply spreading the information.

-Fixed formatting lol remove the extra spaces (Double Enter)