Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

LVP_Radio IRC Bot/AutoDJ
Quick LVP_Radio documentation, full documentation will follow soon.

We have been testing our new ShoutIRC bot for a few days now, and it is going to work!
Even that nice that I decided to let it connect at streamID 1 instead of streamID 2 which I used for testing.

Anyway, what can it do?
Since we can't spam artist/tracktitle (Because it will overlap in-game textdraws) it doesn't show song information.
If the AutoDJ is on, more on that later, it will spam song information every 5 minutes because it reads the musicfiles locally, without sending it to the Shoutcast server.

Public Commands
These commands can be used in the channel.
!current / !dj - Shows the current DJ
!song - Shows the current playing song (Only when AutoDJ is on)
@find - Search AutoDJ files (Only when AutoDJ is on)
!request - Request a song. (DJ needs to enable this via PM @ LVP_Radio, see next command)

These commands can only be used via PM.
!reqlogin [on/off] - Via PM. Default: Marks you as DJ, and enables request.
!+host - Via PM. Adds your hostmask. (I assume for auto-recognizing you as DJ)
!-host  - Via PM. Removes your hostmask.
!identify user pass - Via PM. Logs you in at the bot if it doesn't recognize you.
!hello - Via PM. Tells you your current userflags if you are recognized.
!chpass - Change your password

AutoDJ
This is quite an important section!
LVP_Radio uses the AutoDJ module. This means that the bot will take over the stream if no other source is connected to the server after 60 seconds of inactivity.
This means that AutoDJ will control and occupy the stream if nobody else is broadcasting.
Because the stream is occupied, nobody else can start broadcasting as long as the bot is connected.

All commands needs to be done in PM, and make sure the bot recognizes you.
Stop the AutoDJ: !autodj-stop (AutoDJ stops after the current song)
Force-stop the AutoDJ: !autodj-force
Start the AutoDJ: !autodj-play (Auto-connects after 60 seconds anyway)

Usernames/passwords
I'm sure I forgot people, this is the current list. If you need access, PM me.

Sander
MacSto
LobbyZ
Cyrix404
striker
oostcoast
Jay
Mafo
Sophia
postmortem
FateTrip
ScarTissue
BrainDeadGamer
Carbon
Kase
Agent
McLaine

The initial password is set to 'hax0r' and may be changed.
Abusing is of course not appreciated and action will be taken.
Nice work Sander. :)
Nice very nice. Now we will have music almost 24/7!

Hmm I didnt understand the part that if the AutoDJ is connected, how can I connect to the stream? All trough IRC?
You need to use !autodj-stop or !autodj-force to disconnect the AutoDJ. Then you are free to connect.
(01-06-2012, 08:36 PM)MacSto link Wrote: You need to use !autodj-stop or !autodj-force to disconnect the AutoDJ. Then you are free to connect.

Within 60 seconds, I suppose. Otherwise it should reconnect and start playing again.
Yep, AutoDJ checks every eh, 30 seconds or something, if there is a stream connected to the Shoutcast server. And a stream is a Live DJ who is broadcasting at that moment.

If there is a stream, it doesn't do anything. (Okay, it buggers the log that it can't connect to the server :+)
If there is no stream connected for 60 seconds the AutoDJ will connect its own stream to the Shoutcast server. After that nobody else is able to stream/connect to the Shoutcast server, you will get disconnected because somebody else, in this case AutoDJ, is occupying the stream already.
There is no change with this behavior, it is the same as it was before. Only instead of a real person occupying the stream it is the AutoDJ.

So you have to PM the LVP_Radio bot @ IRC with the command !autodj-stop or !autodj-force to 'empty' the stream. Once AutoDJ is stopped (Being after the current song or forced to stop directly) you have 60 seconds to connect your stream to the Shoutcast server. Otherwise AutoDJ will start again because no source is connected for more then 60 seconds.

Don't forget to 'identify' yourself with the bot, otherwise it won't recognize you as user.
I guess I need to get recognized, <=== Newest DJ
Done
I think we need to change this system. The current Auto DJ songs... suck. Enough to put people off playing. Perhaps we could have it link up to another shoutcast radio station, one that plays decent songs.
If we could figure that out, it works for me.