Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: What limit should the server have on lag, if any?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No - 300+ lag is fine.
52.38%
11 52.38%
300 or less.
0%
0 0%
250 or less.
4.76%
1 4.76%
200 or less.
19.05%
4 19.05%
150 or less
23.81%
5 23.81%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Time to implement a lag limitation?
After playing today with people with 250+ to 300+ lag, I think it's about time we made the server kick anyone with over 250 lag.

It is very hard to kill someone who is warping all over the place.

Now don't get me wrong, I know about lag judgement and shooting ahead of a running person to hit them, but even that wasn't working.  Grenades to the feet didn't even kill at times (during fights)!

So how about it, should lag be limited to something?
(09-19-2007, 07:00 AM)Austin link Wrote:After playing today with people with 250+ to 300+ lag

How are you measuring lag? Or, what units is this "lag" your talking about in?  8)7

If ms, then 250ish is playable, but when it hits 350-500 it becomes hard for them also to play. :X
I think it's quite obvious that he's talking about player pings. I don't like implenting a ping kicker, mainly because these people generally can't do anything about the higher ping they have. So translated into normal language, you're actually purposing to kick/ban innocent players because they aren't from Europe?
Agree with Peter.
But I still have the following limitation: 600+ is kick, and only when the ping is high for a longer period, not just 1 second.
500 is high, but do-able. It's harder for the lagger then for us.
I try to ask them if they are downloading anything first.  Sometimes that's the cause.  If it's over 600 or 700, I ask them to try and do something about it.  If they are just stunting or driving, I usually let them be.  If I start getting reports of them 'cheating', or if they are around 1000 and won't answer me when I ask them, I'll kick them. 

Katie  :w
players with + 350 are still bashable..
so imo no lag kicker...even reserving an american LVP server with ~50 slots would be better than lag kick. :/
It's sure annoying sometimes but well its just a game in the end.

Quote:Now don't get me wrong, I know about lag judgement and shooting ahead of a running person to hit them, but even that wasn't working.  Grenades to the feet didn't even kill at times (during fights)!
Oh really? It DOES work. ;)
I think 400 will be Nice. :)
I'm from Canada and my ping to the server is always around 150.
Its not always cause U have a high ping that U lagg.. I see people with 500 ping and don't lagg at all, or U just gotta lead aim. Then I see someone with 100 ping and he warps :/

Lead aiming really ain't hard at all..

Normally when people have a ping from constantly above 600, U can kick them (Well, I do so).

Don't implant a Ping-Kicker. Why Not? - Cause when Ur ping goes to 1000 for like one second (or less, but this does happen sometimes), U get kicked. Also loads of players that are joining the game, their ping is 60000-65000. So.. U'll get kicked 2 without even be able to play.

i would say like 400 + maybe? unlees just downlaoding, if they arnt downlading at it's like 600+ i move to diffrent country :+ :+ >:)