Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Spotify Music through SAM?
Anyone familiar with Spotify here? Would be awesome if we could find a way to stream music through Spotify to SAM.

Been searching around and I found this quote:

Quote:you could enable Stereo Mix on your computer and make that SAM's default recording device. Play a song on Spotify, and ensure SAM is recording/streaming and that music will be broadcast.

This has potential problems in non-premium/unlimited users with the ads and you have to avoid system sounds playing, I'm guessing. Hope that helps a little, that's probably how I'd attempt this pretty brave task.

But I can't find those settings.. HALP
if stereo mix is what ur lookin for : open the "master volume" panel, click "options > properties, u shud find the shit there
Was thinking the same thing the other day. Good suggestion with "Stereo Mix".
I think its a setting in the encoder panel, I used those to direct stream from my line-in, maybe the master is also in there.
First, using Spotify is cheap and secondly you can stream from soundcard but it would record everything like games and windows error sounds etc.
(12-23-2011, 12:00 PM)LobbyZ link Wrote: First, using Spotify is cheap and secondly you can stream from soundcard but it would record everything like games and windows error sounds etc.

Yeah I know that it records everything, but that's not a problem for me. Stream from the soundcard? You mean steromix don't you? :+

I couldn't find the correct settings for making Steromix able to stream from PC through SAM, do you know?
(12-31-2011, 02:19 AM)ZheMafo link Wrote: Yeah I know that it records everything, but that's not a problem for me. Stream from the soundcard? You mean steromix don't you? :+

I couldn't find the correct settings for making Steromix able to stream from PC through SAM, do you know?
Yeah, I wonder the same. It'ld be useful to play songs directly from youtube.
Personally, I do this by connecting my laptops audio out to the audio in on another computer, and stream the audio from what's on my audio input. I am not sure what would be the best method to do this with one computer though.
(12-31-2011, 02:35 PM)MacSto link Wrote: Personally, I do this by connecting my laptops audio out to the audio in on another computer, and stream the audio from what's on my audio input. I am not sure what would be the best method to do this with one computer though.

Thats like saying Jay is funny. Anyways lo and behold,

[Image: capture.png]

See that red dot? Make it so. The blue would record from SAMBC while the red is the soundcard.
(12-31-2011, 05:59 PM)LobbyZ link Wrote: Thats like saying Jay is funny. Anyways lo and behold,

[Image: capture.png]

See that red dot? Make it so. The blue would record from SAMBC while the red is the soundcard.

You make it quick and easy, good boi. :+