Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

FPs dropping?
i was working on MTA 1.1.1 and after working for 10-15 mins my FPs dropped from 40 to 5
and when i play samp. my FPs drops from70-100 to 30 :/
its happening from 2 days .. :( Help
i got

i5-2410m @2.30 Ghz
8gb Ram
1gb Nvidia 525m
It sounds like an overheating problem, the thermal paste on your processor may have melted and thus cooling is not working too well anymore. I had the same problem and it was my processor that was wearing out due to overheating so I bought a new one. But it could also be something that is using up all of your CPU resources.

To see what may be using up your CPU resources:

1. Once ingame and your FPS started to drop madly, press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
2. If on Windows 7, choose "Start Task Manager" otherwise it should launch automatically.
3. Goto "Processes", you should see a list with a bunch of processes.
4. Above this list, it should say: Image Name, User Name, CPU.
5. Press CPU so that there's an arrow above it pointing down.
6. Is there any processes (except for System Idle Process) that has a high value number under CPU?

If you see a process that is using a lot of resources, please post their names here.
(12-11-2011, 03:32 PM)iou link Wrote: It sounds like an overheating problem, the thermal paste on your processor may have melted and thus cooling is not working too well anymore. I had the same problem and it was my processor that was wearing out due to overheating so I bought a new one. But it could also be something that is using up all of your CPU resources.

To see what may be using up your CPU resources:

1. Once ingame and your FPS started to drop madly, press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
2. If on Windows 7, choose "Start Task Manager" otherwise it should launch automatically.
3. Goto "Processes", you should see a list with a bunch of processes.
4. Above this list, it should say: Image Name, User Name, CPU.
5. Press CPU so that there's an arrow above it pointing down.
6. Is there any processes (except for System Idle Process) that has a high value number under CPU?

If you see a process that is using a lot of resources, please post their names here.
GTA is, it jumps b/w 00-04(CPU)
and till now its only messing up my GTA. other games are working fine.. (Till now)
(12-11-2011, 03:32 PM)iou link Wrote: 1. Once ingame and your FPS started to drop madly, press CTRL+ALT+DEL.

protip: control+shift+escape
(12-11-2011, 06:54 PM)oostcoast link Wrote: protip: control+shift+escape
yea i know it opens Processes :P`
Its either your hardware that can't dispose of the heat or something else eating your CPU/GPU away. (or windows getting old)

This to try are reversing to a new or previous video driver, defragmentating, check power settings for any savings turned on, running without fraps.
Windows backup messed my fps up a while ago, used a lot of disk bandwith.
re-install your gta

or delete gta_sa.set from GTA SAN ANDREAS USER FILES

maybe this work :)
(12-14-2011, 03:26 PM)HatZ link Wrote: re-install your gta

or delete gta_sa.set from GTA SAN ANDREAS USER FILES

maybe this work :)
already tried
Buy a new computer!
(12-16-2011, 12:09 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: Buy a new computer!
+1 :+