A DJ Guide to the Galaxy!
Herro rhaps!
wip

DJ Requirements
Installation Guide
Software Instructions

DJ Requirements

What you need before applying for DJ is these simple things,
  • A good connection line, preferably a 10/10 because you need good upstream to stream and a good downstream to be able to visit sites and such without lagging.
  • Having a microphone is a plus but it is not needed unless you plan to speak during your show
  • Good English knowledge is needed so we can communicate with you without any issues or misunderstandings (plus its more enjoyable for your listeners)
  • Atleast 128kbps on your songs with quality meaning not some rap stuff with a deep bass, it will sound ugly.
  • Good attitude. Listen to your colleagues and your listeners, you're not the boss of them.
  • A streaming program

That should cover it but do check back because we can change it at any time.

Installation Guide

Here we'll install SAM Broadcaster so just follow this guide for easy installment.

[Image: capture.png]

When you open the installer, just click next untill you get to this screen. Here you can choose where you want to install it (say you got a different harddisk or whatever) if not, just leave it be. Continue with the guide!

In this screen you'll choose the database, which does not matter at all, for the program. Pick Firebird and press on Next. Continue with the guide!

Tick the Specify Custom Settings and then tick on Embedded server, this is important if you don't want it to error out all the time while it tries to connect to a imaginary database. When thats done, click on Next. Continue with the guide!

Click the "Skip" Button and proceed with installation.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE! Now look at the software instructions below to set it up.

Software Instructions

After you've gotten accepted, follow this guide;

[Image: layout.png]

Go to this folder and put this http://localhostr.com/files/ukPRmU4/default.sgl file in there and when that is done, open the program and press the Layout menu and press on Load then find this file and load it. It should change your layout! Continue with the guide!

[Image: SAM%20Broadcaster.png]

The orange window you see is the Encoder window, this is where you'll add the server detail and such required for you to stream. You start the stream by clicking the > shaped button in there. For now, press the big + sign and continue reading the guide. The yellow window is where you add your tracks and the greenish one is the queue window where you drag your music files from the yellow window to there to have them queued. All you have to do after you've fixed the encoders is press the play button on the Deck A window and start the encoder to start streaming.

[Image: Select%20plugin.png]

It should be obvious to you but pick MP3 (Normal) and press OK. Continue with the guide.

[Image: MP3%20Normal%20Encoder%20%20Streamer%20configura.png]

It should look just like this, if it dosnt then fix it. If you're wondering about the bitrate, don't. 128kbps is enough for quality and not ruining your upstream. If you pick more then you're a terrible DJ and you should burn in hell, mostly because higher bitrate means you'd need more upstream unless you got 100/100 then its all cool. Continue the guide.

[Image: MP3%20Normal%20Encoder%20%20Streamer%20c...ra%201.png]

Obviousness should be obvious. You put in the server details you get from us when you get DJHood and the rest is yours to fill in however to make it look clean, just put in the station name which is basically your DJ name

And thats that.

It should also be noted that people should use their brain before asking questions on where to get the serial key for SAM Broadcaster from (or contact LobbyZ privately who can provide the instructions to purchase it).
I've followed the instructions exactly how you said to install and i've replaced the file display.wtf or whatever and when i try and start the program this message come up "Unable to connect or query database. Please make sure the database server is running and configured properly." What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!
-BDG <3
Would it be possible to have something similar for the Mac (aka OS X)? I'm usually working from home on my Mac and could play music for a while in the meantime.
Quote: link=topic=29612.msg410200#msg410200 date=1323042648]
Would it be possible to have something similar for the Mac (aka OS X)? I'm usually working from home on my Mac and could play music for a while in the meantime.
I looked around a bit and most people suggest Nicecast
I haven't tested it but it looks like you can just stream right from iTunes with this thing.
(12-05-2011, 01:00 AM)oostcoast link Wrote: I looked around a bit and most people suggest Nicecast
I haven't tested it but it looks like you can just stream right from iTunes with this thing.

Did not find that one. I'll take a look. Thanks.

Edit: Well tested and it works great.
I'm stuck after putting that file into the folder. The program keeps crashing when i start it.

Edit: It started when i first started it. It crashed with the file. The file is now removed and it still crashes....

Edit 2: Got it going again but now it wont load the layut file. The program is reinstalled now.

Edit 3: Did a manual setup of the windows and now all is fine! :w
I'm still having issues with Nicecast (also tried tried SAM broadcaster on windows which gave the same results to me as McLaine had).
[Image: 9uc4ua.jpg]

Maybe someone could tell me if I missed anything?
Quote:I've followed the instructions exactly how you said to install and i've replaced the file display.wtf or whatever and when i try and start the program this message come up "Unable to connect or query database. Please make sure the database server is running and configured properly." What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!
-BDG <3

I had this problem. It's actually just a problem with the particular download :+
Pick another one
(12-12-2011, 08:11 PM)Jay link Wrote: I had this problem. It's actually just a problem with the particular download :+
Pick another one
Well, I had one bad one then LobbyZ sent me one.. also didnt work. If you could please send me the one you used that would be great, Thanks!

-BDG