Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Non-english chat not allowed
I've been thinking about this rule for a while now and have a question.

Example:
I can't speak english but I go onto the server and start playing. My other non-english speaking friend comes online aswell and we begin to play. We can't use Xfire because SAMP and Xfire don't like eachother so we think of another option, the in-game chat. We see other people using it (but because we can't speak/write english we just presume its ok for us to use it too) when suddenly, we are muted. We can't talk to eachother and we have a sour taste in our mouths due to being treated unfairly on the server. What's even worse is, the next day I go online with my friend and start talking again and we are kicked from the server.

Now I'm english through and through, but I think its unfair that you have a rule and enforce that rule even though people may not understand that rule. I don't see the problem with talking in another language on a server, its doing nobody any harm.

Anyway, I would just like a response, don't want to cause any trouble.

- Kibax
The main reason behind this rule is the environment, by talking English everyone can understand eachother, well, as you say, most of the people. Usually you have to go to an English website to download this English multiplayer mod, in which you need to press English buttons in order to join the server. If everyone talks in English, each person can follow the chat and participate wherever needed. Suppose there are 150 players online, a few from the Netherlands, some from Germany, Polland, a few Chinese people, some arabic's and offcourse some from England. You'd already have 6 languages being talked in the main-chat all at once, this doesn't only make it harder for normal people to follow, but also for the administrators. Suppose someone would say 我欺诈以车速度, would you ever imagine that that is the Chinese equalevant of "I'm speed-hacking in my vehicle"?

Next to that, we offer quite a few alternatives for chat. If an administrator two non-English speaking people are talking to eachother, generally they are forced into a phone conversation between the two of them. People can join alternative worlds in which you can talk in whatever language you'd like, and let's not forget the PM-function of which prettymuch everone knows about. I really don't think it's such a large problem :)
Nice explanation, fair enough. :)
Remember that non-english is allowed if, like Peter says, you use /pm [id][message] or /call [id].  PM's (private messages) and /call (private calls) don't show up in regular chat so it won't be breaking the rules to speak whatever language you wish. 

Katie  :w