Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Far Cry 3
Surprised there isn't a topic yet, this gameplay's been around for a while.

4. Far Cry 3 - Ubisoft E3 2011 Press Conference HD 1080p

Far Cry 3 - alternate E3 2011 demo walkthrough [EUROPE]

Looks freaking amazing. Hope it keeps me more entertained than Far Cry 2, which just got boring after playing for 30 minutes.
Same, I loved the first Far Cry, but Far Cry 2 just sucked. This looks like awesomeness, though. :D
+1 Far Cry 1 was awesome and f c 2 was better than fc 1 just for being qualities. Apparently Fc 3 has the same effects with Fc 2.
That's so cool :D
Seems pretty nice, definitely going to try it.
Pretty cool, i've liked the part where main character talks (specially "what the fk") when he's run from a trouble. And, the man with mohawk, he talks like real (2:00, first video), gestures and facial expressions are wonderful. And also water quality is pretty cool indeed.

Hope it won't be like FC2, complicated missions and long ways..
I have to disagree with almost everything you said... the characters don't look life like at all, they still managed to retain that rubbery look like every FarCry, the animation wasn't that great for the AI, like always the first person view from your perspective was always incredible, but really it doesn't blend together that well. It's obviously the same engine from FarCry 2, which I think is an absolutely amazing engine, lets just hope this time the gameplay doesn't fail horribly like FarCry 2. When I bought FarCry 2 I looked forward to the multiplayer, and enjoyed it very much, but as for FarCry 3, I really want to see the single player as I did with FarCry 1 and FarCry: Instincts.

As for the graphics... when he's talking about insanity looking in the background it reminds my of Crysis 1... the way the palm trees/banana trees look, but looks even better, I love that.

I also wish they would come out with some fresh ideas...
Not a big fan of 2 shooter games until I started playing Crysis 2. What is far cry anyway?
Quote:Josue link=topic=29214.msg400485#msg400485 date=1314543513]
Not a big fan of 2 shooter games until I started playing Crysis 2. What is far cry anyway?

Crytek is the designer team for Crysis, but they were originally partners with ubisoft back in 2004 with the game FarCry and FarCry Instincts, somewhere between then and FarCry 2 their contract must have ended as they're no longer partnered, Crytek now works for EA making CryEngine and the Crysis series. While in the meantime ubisoft is still making the FarCry series with the "Dunia engine". I haven't really read up about it or really looked into it, this is just all I know. But FarCry is much before Crysis. FarCry was on the original CryEngine, Crysis came to CryEngine 2.

As for Crysis 2, they released it on the "new ground breaking CryEngine 3!" which is actually very great in performance compared to CryEngine 2, but really does not come with many new features, Direct X 11 support and some new optimized shaders with limits that most couldn't even imagine 3 years ago, it is a pretty ground breaking engine but still is very visibly a modified CryEngine 2. In which definitely don't get me wrong it's not a bad thing at all.
The graphics looks awesome especially when you look around and see that amazing view!

FarCry 1 and FarCry 2 I liked them FarCry 2 more for the graphics hope FarCry 3 will not have a boring story,
I want the missions make me anxious to see what will happen after a mission!

-LB