Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Weird problem :S
Okay i recently found this out.

Whenever my Dad wants to use the laptop i have to shut down my PC cause else we get an Internet IP conflict so or the Internet on the laptop won't work or the PC and sometimes both won't work so I've made a big search for Virusses on my PC and found a few, i removed them and that night it seriously worked i was like finally, but a few days after it didn't work any more + i found out a new problem.

Whenever we get a call or we call someone else our Internet falls out for like 5 minutes and i think this problem also has something to do with the laptop problem, I think along time ago [sLK]Thug had this problem too, and it was a problem from KPN (Mobile/PC/TV Internet service) I'm not sure thought and i'd like to fix it soon and with that part i need your help.
Well..did you try to actually call KPN? Just wondering bro.
Is it a DSL connection? If so, make sure you have filters on your phones, unless you have a split-line service. As far as the IP conflict goes, you must have manually configured one or both of the computers instead of using automatic DHCP. If you have the same IP address manually assigned to both of the computers under the network settings, then that will cause a problem. Either change one of them, or set them on automatic.
(07-23-2011, 01:35 AM)Dominator33 link Wrote: Well..did you try to actually call KPN? Just wondering bro.

Not yet, I first wanted to know solutions with out calling them, and your opinions.

(07-23-2011, 02:48 AM)MacSto link Wrote: Is it a DSL connection? If so, make sure you have filters on your phones, unless you have a split-line service. As far as the IP conflict goes, you must have manually configured one or both of the computers instead of using automatic DHCP. If you have the same IP address manually assigned to both of the computers under the network settings, then that will cause a problem. Either change one of them, or set them on automatic.

I think my laptop has just one number different like,  PC has 111,111,111
laptop has 111,111,112 that was when both where manually configured but now the IP from my PC is automatic.
I experienced a similar problem at my mothers house. After calling back and forth several times to the ISP (which was Belgacom) to check the DSL connection, they told us that the signal that was coming in trough the telephone line was too distorted, having too much noise etc. Several technicians came to our house but they could not finde the problem. Allthough we lived only 500 meters from the distribution central of our village there was some problem they could not solve. This was clearly an issue that was totally on the ISP side. Anyways I checked the modem and every now and then the DSL signal just went away.

After a lot of hassle my mother chose for another ISP.
(08-13-2011, 09:42 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: I experienced a similar problem at my mothers house. After calling back and forth several times to the ISP (which was Belgacom) to check the DSL connection, they told us that the signal that was coming in trough the telephone line was too distorted, having too much noise etc. Several technicians came to our house but they could not finde the problem. Allthough we lived only 500 meters from the distribution central of our village there was some problem they could not solve. This was clearly an issue that was totally on the ISP side. Anyways I checked the modem and every now and then the DSL signal just went away.

After a lot of hassle my mother chose for another ISP.

It sounds like a modem problem. Try to call KPN, let them read out your modem. If your Internet falls out when you get called. It must be your modem. As far as I know, These two functions are two different modules in the modem of kpn. If you use a splitter to split up the dsl line. It could be that splitter too.

good luck.

greets,

jerico
Okay i found out what i was, there is something wrong with my KPN splitter, so i have to buy a new one soon.
Your welcome...  O+
get a DSL splitter & make sure your modem/router is connected to the main phone plug (not a secondary one), otherwise your connection will fall everytime your phone rings. I had this problem too :7