Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

10 fps when I used to get 30 minimum :@
So I've been on the server again the last few days and tbh it's been almost unplayable, I realised the first few days I was seeding some torrents but that's never caused many issues before and even with it off today I was still getting horrendous rates. I've just reinstalled Vista (the same OS I've always had for SAMP) and consequently GTA to no avail even at lowest res, although windows update is in progress I don't hold out much hope of there being a significant improvement.

A few details:

It's the same PC I've always had for SAMP, about 4 years in total I've had it.
I haven't added any IG mods or made any drastic changes to my PC and I don't play any other games on it so nothing to comapre it to.
Pedro's already snet me the link about improving by 10 fps or so.

Erm not sure what else to add really (I don't see how posting my specs will help apart from to make you lol!) but could it just be my aging PC is the problem?

Update: I tried both the solution suggested in the forums with no improvement.

In car
[Image: sa-mp-018.png]
In FC:
[Image: sa-mp-017.png]
On Ship
[Image: sa-mp-016.png]
computers made out of wood aren't that expensive these days, seems like s straight upgrade from your pc made out of cheese :D

On a more serious note, got any programs running in the background?
Have you tried updating your video card driver?
http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/4/22/3...reaser.rar
Hmmm so maybe if I upgrade my mozzarella gfx to edam I will see an improvement, I think wood is a little beyond my means tbh.

I don't have any programs running in the background, my Video card has the latest update and that fps increaser had no impact.

Thanks for your help, it's not a big deal as I have my PS3 to entertain me but I would like to play on LVP now and then without taking 10 secs to jump over the ship rail.
See what happens in windows task manager (CPU usage, memory usage) when you playing gta. Maybe another process load your processor while playing, and maybe that slows your game ... who knows, i dont.
From what I see in the screenshots, your Visual FX quality is set to high/very high. Set it to low or medium and try it out. It doesn't really change things much, just a few details like shadows. Your anti aliasing is either off or 1 so changing the visual FX quality should make a difference.
Yes I have noticed the insane amount of processes in Task Manager, I was up to 80 before reinstall, down to 30 from re installing, now up to 56 already with only firefox running and it takes 51% of physical memory but that's been the norm on my PC and wasn't an issue before.

I used to run it at max res and now I'm at default, yet these little tweaks have little effect.

Oh and hai Jimi, long time no see man  :+
got laggy programs installed?  :7