Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Laptop Help
my Lappy Got a Dedicated Graphic Card,, So it Used Alot of Battery when i Play Game.. And Battery Drains Pretty Soon.. So i just want to Know That Should i Keep my Laptop On Charging everytime(while in Use)? or Keep it Charging again n Again?
n Will it affect my Laptop's Battery Life?

My laptop is XpsL502X(Dell XPS 15")

PS: i Dont want Any useless Comments..
I'm not familiar with laptops, or laptop batteries for that matter, but afaik it doesn't really matter if you leave your laptop plugged in these days.

If you're really worried about it, just plug it in once it's nearly empty, and then pull it out once it's charged.
(07-11-2011, 06:52 PM)Rien link Wrote: I'm not familiar with laptops, or laptop batteries for that matter, but afaik it doesn't really matter if you leave your laptop plugged in these days.

If you're really worried about it, just plug it in once it's nearly empty, and then pull it out once it's charged.
that'll just keep me busy Plugin in anD out xD lol lets see what others have to sAy
:P
Keep it plugged in. The more cycles you run your batter through, the less charge it will hold.
(07-11-2011, 07:05 PM)MacSto link Wrote: Keep it plugged in. The more cycles you run your batter through, the less charge it will hold.
so it wont Affect my Laptop's Battery if i Keep it Plugged Everytime? :)
(07-11-2011, 07:05 PM)MacSto link Wrote: Keep it plugged in. The more cycles you run your batter through, the less charge it will hold.

hmm, I thought it was the other way around, my bad, then :+
If it's at a desk, not being moved around, your best bet would be to remove the battery altogether and just power the machine.
dude just buy a new laptop and pc, what the hell is wrong with ur computers..
(07-11-2011, 10:06 PM)sean link Wrote: dude just buy a new laptop and pc, what the hell is wrong with ur computers..
giving yourself up, hybrid? since you "recently joined" LVP i dont think you'd even know he made a similiar topic a while ago...
(07-11-2011, 09:29 PM)Danny link Wrote: If it's at a desk, not being moved around, your best bet would be to remove the battery altogether and just power the machine.

I'd say the same, I made the mistake of keeping my laptop plugged in while the battery was still in, now it won't even hold a charge for more than an hour. So your best bet is to just keep it plugged in and the battery out if you're staying at one place.