Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Ban times/guidelines
After our very first unban request, it's time we start thinking of how long bans should be. I recall macsto saying a 7 day ban, and then longer/permanent bans on future bans. I'm thinking we should base the ban length on the severity of the damage done, but I can imagine it being hard to draw a line between minor and major griefing.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't ever ban anyone permanently for griefing, we don't have 20 new players each day. And I find 7 days to be too much as well, I'd go with 3.
Massive damage spread out all over the place should definitely get 7 days. It's a pain in the ass to explain to each victim what happened and to replace the items. However, I think 3 days is good middle ground for standard griefing. A perm-ban should only be rewarded if it's an ongoing issue with a certain person, and the actions are serious. However, I have high hopes that we will be able to cut down on this in the future with some new systems that we will be putting in place. Personally, I never expected to have as many regular players as we do already, but that definitely isn't a bad thing :)