Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[C] Bloodster and Macsto.
This is indeed about Hybrids' ban where you both claimed he was toggling because he stopped taking damage from fire. (I dont give a shit about the rest)
Bloodster said he had tested this "bug" himself and was 100% certain this bug was fixed in 0.3c
Macsto came with the very typical LVP Ignorance reply by saying something along the lines of: "Want proof? You had full hp, you tok damage then stopped taking damage, and therefor you toggle. Have fun on other servers"

How about you in the LVP crew actually let people with SOME fuckin samp experience handle ban appeals regarding more complicated issues, i.e lags, hitbox, desync, modified data files (weapon.dat, ped.ifp for example) and possible health toggling, wich is, infact, almost impossible to prove and the "You cheat cos I say" so doesnt cut it.
Bloodster and Macsto showed a great example on this ban appeal on how unexperienced they are when it comes to things that arent straight out "You spawned a minigun and therefor u cheated" scenario. Yet they think they're right.

While Bloodster was open for a little discussion, the ignorancy that came out of ur mouth was just fuckin disgusting macsto.
You're both newfags and new to the LVP administration yet you act like you know everything about this game. None of you are AAD'ers (it is exactly in AAD you learn the core mechanics of samp), and macsto you're no RW'er either, you're a chatter. So let someone with experience handle ban appeals where it isnt obvious that they cheated. I couldn't care less if YOU think it's obvious that he cheated, because you have no clue.

On a little side note, and I'll say this once, avoiding the /explode command is very possible. Not on purpose, but with lag it is. I dont have any proof with me, thats why it's just a side note.
For all you know he could have had a little timeout right when u exploded him, chances are little but possible.
Hybrid got some insane lag issues (this aint just about HP loss) and the explode could have simply been desynced on his part, because of lag.

Anyway here's a video I just made to show you're wrong about fire in samp, and hybrid was in fact right.
This vid shows 3 examples of how to avoid taking fire in samp, where jumping is one of them.
Samp Fire

To summarize:
What do I want with this topic? Get people with experience to handle ban appeals.
As far as I know LVP admins can ban if they think some1 is cheating, then sort it out in a ban appeal. Well get some ppl with a clue or stop banning for obvious cheats that arent so obvious afterall. And especially: Stop being an ignorant dickhead when you dont know what your talkin about, you're just putting yourself in a very bad position.

If this had been the first time I saw u guys being wrong and ignorant, I probably wouldnt have make this topic.

As for Hybrid cheating or not, I dont care about that as the only person who can prove that is Hybrid himself.
(06-05-2011, 12:39 PM)Richard link Wrote: I did some digging.
As I recalled, you were banned for cheats before. I've went looking for some previous bans and found 2 bans for cheating. One by FateTrip and one by yours truly.
Both these bans were in April this year. 11th and 13th to be more exact.
The reasons were rather similar too, which is pretty funny. Both those bans had toggling as one of the reasons.

So whether this ban was just or not, those definitely were.
Please read this quote, it's from Hybrid's appeal. I'm not going to discuss whether the ban was valid or not.

Though when it comes to something like toggling it can be very hard to identify it as they're enabling and disabling their cheats. And anyone can make an honest mistake, meaning that Bloodst3r and MacSto could've made a mistake with the ban - we're only human after all. Nevertheless, someone shouldn't be an arrogant dickhead if he/she doesn't know what they're talking about.

I'd say the entire crew are familiar with cheats and can identify them. But toggling is something that's hard to spot. And when you're dealing with edited .dat and .ipf files I'd say it can be even harder.

Maybe I'm just generalising here, but it seems to me that most people who play AAD play just that and barely play on LVP. But we have people playing who are here on the forums, like you, who then might be able to help with this. But it's mainly the part ingame that's important as you have to spot and identify it, which means we'd need more of these experienced AAD and people who knows SA:MP to play more and offer their knowledge.

Edit
Bloodst3r asked me to add this which I had forgotten. The nuke isn't fire damage, it's an explosion. So hanging to a ledge won't save you like it would've done if you're on fire.
Yep I agree with what you said, pretty much. Nothing more to say xD

(06-05-2011, 01:07 PM)Lithirm link Wrote: Edit
Bloodst3r asked me to add this which I had forgotten. The nuke isn't fire damage, it's an explosion. So hanging to a ledge won't save you like it would've done if you're on fire.

I dont really understand why he's saying this. I obviously know it is an explosion, and what an explosion does. But an explosion might leave you on fire, and they said Hybrid didnt lose hp from burning aswell. And thats why I made the vid, because they didn't believe him.
But now they know how fire works a little bit better at least, and thats good.

This was just a little complaint from me, and it seems like people got the message. So if there is nothing more to add you can lock the topic, if you wish.
What Bloodster got Lithirm to edit is kind of what I said to iou earlier on IRC today.
If Hybrid never saw the explosion (aka it didn't happen on his screen), then why would he catch on fire from the nuke?

Edit: Bloodster asked me to add that the firebug is, for whatever reason, not working for him. When he checked it with Lithirm later, it did work for Lithirm, but not for him.