Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

HTML Files Disappearing
How about zipping them in at first, transfer them, and then unzip? Same result?
How about reformatting you're computer?  8)
(06-05-2011, 03:57 PM)Hybrid link Wrote: How about reformatting you're computer?  8)

I already said I don't want to do that.

(06-05-2011, 09:41 AM)Matthias link Wrote: Does this keep happening even if you rename it to index.htmlbla or so?

Well they won't appear anymore after creating them, so I can't try that. The icons that still appear (but aren't really there) will just tell me the file can't be found if I try to rename them. I tried that with a file when I first got the problem.

I just tested it then on a file that is still and it renamed the file, and it didn't vanish. I tried saving a new file as .html and that too appeared. The files that have vanished are still gone, though I don't know if they are taking up any space.

I've had this a couple weeks ago when the files started saving again but that didn't last long and I got back to this problem.

(06-05-2011, 10:20 AM)Maka link Wrote: How about zipping them in at first, transfer them, and then unzip? Same result?

I inserted my flash drive and tried with a file on there (as I can't save any new files on the computer) and it didn't work. It extracts and nothing comes out.

Now after I tried using the flash drive to test zipping them, as well as seeing if I can put them on the computer after the problem stopped occurring for a short time, I think I found what's causing the problem. I think it's the flash drive itself. It always happens when I transfer .html files off that, and it just happened again.

I know the flash drive has had some problems, and I do need to get a new one. I also got a virus from a computer in my college, but I kept it on the flash drive, hoping it would do no harm. It's called RECYCLER, and I don't know if that corrupts files on the flash drive or not.

In a way I hope it is that, as that would mean I've not got a hard drive failure.
Check your recycle bin! :7
Lol, that was one of the first things I did, and nothing showed up there. I just checked again, and showing hidden files, and still nothing was there.
Obvious virus isn't obvious.