Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Joplin Missouri USA Hit by a deadly tornado
Hello everyone, as some of you know, I am a weather spotter and disaster service volunteer. Last night, the town of Joplin was devastated by an EF-4 tornado that as of last count killed 116 125 139 151 people.
STL Today News Coverage
St, Louis County Police go to Joplin
5/22/11 Joplin, MO EF-5 Tornado
First Person video of Joplin MO tornado 5/22/11
KTUL TV Video Coverage

Several agencies have deployed disaster crews to Joplin to aid in recovery efforts. If you are able to, they need any help you may be able to offer, either financially or volunteering time.
Salvation Army Disaster Services
American Red Cross
United Way
Joplin Humane Society (Lost and Found Pets)

Edit: Updated death count, added more news links
r.i.p to all the people who lost there lives, im sure my parents will donate.
Heard about it on the news before, sad...
R.I.P to all who died and the lost loved ones.
Yeah RIP to all those who died. Hopefully someone recognizes the importance of the CDC and take in consideration to get a medkit in need. By the way these guys are very brave... great video.
Security cam footage:
May 22 Tornado Joplin, MO
Why does god do this  :'(
What's up, Cyrix? Hope you, your gf/wife and your kids are fine over there.
Another tornado hit Boston yesterday. Was supposed to hit New York but it changed direction. They in a state of emergency i think...  :'( :'( :'(
(06-02-2011, 05:18 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Another tornado hit Boston yesterday. Was supposed to hit New York but it changed direction. They in a state of emergency i think...  :'( :'( :'(
Actually, it was 90 miles west of Boston, in the city of Springfield, Massachusetts. Google Maps - Springfield, MA to Boston, MA
Google News Search about Springfield, MA tornado

(05-31-2011, 07:10 PM)Turkey link Wrote: What's up, Cyrix? Hope you, your gf/wife and your kids are fine over there.
Niether of these two directly effected me personally, but I was only 4 miles away from the path of the "Good Friday" St. Louis tornado. I went down there and volunteered my time that night, and spent 5 hours directing traffic at a closed road so cleanup crews could clear the road of debris in Ferguson, Missouri.
That's horrible. You did a good thing Cyrix  O+