Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

mta race -> mta v1 map editior
So im fed up with splitting my islands in different pieces, i want them all together. Now i do have a .map file where all the needed objects are in, but how to convert this to a mta v1 map? I've used convertffs but what then? Help please :7 ?
You probably need a text editor to paste them together.

A 1.0 map looks like this
Code:
<map edf:definitions="race,editor_main">
    <object id="object (vgncarshade1) (1)" model="3458" interior="0" dimension="0" posX="590.80969238281" posY="-3468.857421875" posZ="206.9423828125" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" />

<racepickup id="racepickup (NRG-500) (21)" type="repair" vehicle="522" interior="0" posX="591.08917236328" posY="-5083.2373046875" posZ="112.92784881592" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" />
</map>

I don't remember what the race editor markup looks like, but I think you can just paste everything between <map> and </map>
to convert MTA:Race codes to samp pawn codes, use this program :

http://hotfile.com/dl/46958341/dc5bf1e/A...1.rar.html

Advanced Converter v0.1

btw: there is some programs to convert it i think, research it :+

LR
www.convertFFS.com
Sigh..I know all that. I just dont know how to do all that shit with resources and stuff? Its not as easy with mta race that you just paste a .map file, is it?

Nope. Easiest way might be to create a new (empty) map, save it. Then edit the mapname.map and paste everything.

Manual method: Create a new folder called yourmap (under MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources), then create a file called meta.xml, with these contents:
Code:
<meta>
    <info type="map" gamemodes="race" version="1.0.0" />
    <map src="filename.map" dimension="0" />
    <settings>
        <setting name="#gamespeed" value="[ 1 ]" />
        <setting name="#weather" value="[ 0 ]" />
        <setting name="#gravity" value="[ 0.008000 ]" />
        <setting name="#duration" value="[ 1800 ]" />
    </settings>
</meta>

And create your mapfile using the filename you just entered in the meta.xml.

I think all settings are optional, but not sure.
all this is complicated as heck
:r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r
Quote:SuicidalSpree link=topic=24972.msg386451#msg386451 date=1304765974]
all this is complicated as heck
:r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r

1. If you make a map with MTA you need to go to or the proper directory, open your map folder, then open the .map with notepad.
C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources  and copy the code in there.

2. Once you have your code for your map copied, go to convertffs.com and paste it there, once you have done that, hit the convert button and do NOT convert to SA:MP objects, reason for that being is LVP uses an object streamer so you'll want to convert MTA 1.0 objects to "Incognito's streamer plugin".

3. Once you have converted it, you can either post it on the forum under [.code] [./code] brackets, or go to pastebin.com and paste it there and post the link in your new topic.

Next time make a new topic rather than bumping an ancient one.
lol most people tell me off for doing exactly that xD

but nvm if you ask i do :D