Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Mapper Applications?
http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=24384.0

It's not much that we lack mappers, it's just that the current mappers are lazy/too busy to map for LVP.

Possibly hold these applications once 2.94 is released.

I was thinking some kinda page, or possibly holding a link to my forum PM in my signature for mapping applications, but of course, with a few policies and requirements.

For example:

You are expected to have at least 200 hours in-game in LVP.
You must be a well behaved member in the community.
You must have no more than 2 bans on any accounts.
You must be fairly active in-game and on IRC.
You must not have excessive many forum warnings.
We expect you to be a mature, active individual.
Remember: When you are on the mapping team, attitude does count, always have a positive attitude and do not cause trouble in the main server, we hold the right to remove you from the team without warning.

Applications should be in a correct format, for example.

In-game username: xBlueXFoxx
Amount of in-game hours: 1,500+
Have you been banned before? (Yes/no): No
How commonly are you in-game?: (Daily, a few times a week, once a week, once a month)
Please post an image of your best map (good image host http://tinypic.com/): Example
Are you willing to be an active mapper, why do you think you should be a mapper?: I would like to be a mapper for LVP because I'm an active player and have been mapping for some time, I've been around the community for a while now and have not caused much trouble in the server.

How does that sound?
Fine by me :)
Quote:You must have no more than 2 bans on any accounts.

I don't think that's very possible. A lot of people, which are fine people, have 2 or more. I think it should at least depend on the reason.
(03-28-2011, 10:59 AM)Richard link Wrote: I don't think that's very possible. A lot of people, which are fine people, have 2 or more. I think it should at least depend on the reason.

Bump, I know, I'm not going to publicly announce these little expectations, these are just the main things I'll be looking at when someone fills an application, I'm not going to deny someone for a couple of bans with lame reason, if it's something like excessive flaming, large amounts of abuse, negative attitude then I will most likely slap them.

Anyways post being written in the Las Venturas Playground forum, hopefully someone will keep it at the least civilized.
tbh I think it's too strict.

200 hours in LVP - Why? Who the hell cares as long as they're submitting maps - it does no harm in someone being in the mapping team who we eventually come to realise is useless - it's not like we're giving them any sourcecode or taking any risks with them being a mapper.

If you look at the topic, I didn't post that as a requirement, personally I don't care how long they've been in LVP, as long as they're not pricks or twofaces trying to leak shit they're fine.  :+

http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=28...384603#new
Ok cool.

Tell estroe or whoever stickied it to setup a seperate child board in the LVP Related board and move the stickied topic to that child board. That way there can be a new topic for each application and we can review each individual one a lot easier.
It was me. I guess we should wait for a manager though, since I can't administrate boards  :P
Done.