Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Recommendations? (PC Case lights)
Alright so I got another little gaming PC, nothing high spec, cheapy Pentium 4 3.2ghz HT, Radeon x1300 etc etc..

But I want to just make this case a bit of a project, see how tricked out I can make it at the lowest price possible, I was wondering if anyone knows of some cheap LED, or modding kits or great US resources to get some. (For the record the case is mid tower)

And yes to those out there I do realize case modding is useless to performance and is a waste of money, but take note this pc is just an extra, pretty much a side project.
(02-24-2011, 10:37 PM)Sophia link Wrote: And have a shower.

I was thinking some nice decal or vinyl, but not for this case, it's just not made for much more than cheap lightup shit, it's a cheap case after all. What you said above would be a bit better for an old black standard ATX case with no unique shit at all, just a box.
(02-24-2011, 11:27 PM)xBlueXFoxx link Wrote: I was thinking some nice decal or vinyl, but not for this case, it's just not made for much more than cheap lightup shit, it's a cheap case after all. What you said above would be a bit better for an old black standard ATX case with no unique shit at all, just a box.

Buy some wires, some resistors...A old 12 volt molex and buy some active leds. Not the passive ones. Search on the internet for a scheme. Solder some wires together with some leds + resistors and you have light. Now you have light buy some plexiglass and make some nice logo on it. Drill some holes on the sides you can't see and glue the leds into those holes pointing to the midsection. The logo will glow up.

example:
[Image: CNC-Logo-Scania-Plexiglas-Led.jpg]

Other thing you can do with the leds is just drilling some holes in the case and put them there(bit boring).

Also buy some neon lights(super cheap)

greets,

jerico
make it into a giant flashbulb.

and cut your hair
Quote:Greyfox link=topic=27957.msg376070#msg376070 date=1298642545]
and cut your hair

I just did 4 weeks ago. Where were you?

(02-25-2011, 07:44 AM)jerico link Wrote: [Text]

example:
[pic]

[Text]

Also buy some neon lights(super cheap)

greets,

jerico

I like the idea, would the logo or design have to be engraved into the plexiglass? Because I already know of where to get 100x led's very cheap. The resistors I can most likely find cheap too, also I would need to figure out how to make it be powered off a pc's 4pin connector.
i have an x1300  :o is that good?
(02-25-2011, 03:48 PM)MidNight link Wrote: i have an x1300  :o is that good?

It's an old card, values about $18 now, it's not the worst card in the world, but it does suck to todays specs. If you want to play simple DX9 games, ex: SA:MP, Halo PC, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, etc. Then it's a decent card. (Of course the option to upgrade from it will not cost a lot, maybe get an x1600 or HD4450)
its now a bit "rusty" after 5 years of usage, i remeber i could run Far Cry on high details 1024x786 4x AA @ e.g 30-45 fps, same with DOOM 3 and i had still 512 mb of ram there lol(i have 2 gigs now) it lagged once in while due the ram but it wasnt that bad...