Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Ideas for recording without fps loss?
I was wondering if anyone knew how I could record some CoD4 gameplay without any FPS loss. Obviously, programs like Fraps, Gamecam and WeGame are a no-go (unless I record to a slave HDD).

I had a look at DXTory. Works great except for the bloody great watermark in the middle of the screen >_>

Any other suggestions?

Oh and no "film the screen with a video camera."
Have been wondering the same thing :/
I've been using fraps but 5sec is about 100mb and i usually get ~70fps, 30fps with fraps recording. :(
Is there a way to mirror the display on the game computer to a second output (if there are two on the video card) and send it via DVI or something to another machine to capture the incoming video?
/record <demo name>
/stoprecord

Have fun.
^

You need that demo player thing though, Maka. Or can other players do that too? And does Youtube accept it?
(12-31-2010, 10:28 AM)Richard link Wrote:^

You need that demo player thing though, Maka. Or can other players do that too? And does Youtube accept it?

Could be. I don't remember. I usually just start up my game, /demo <demo name>, and then record it with Fraps.
That's the way I did it in Cod4.
I know about the demo recording, but I'd like a video file I can edit in Sony Vegas... I could just record with fraps, but I'd still get the same fps loss :/

Is there no way to convert the demo to a .avi?
(12-31-2010, 01:21 PM)Danny link Wrote:I know about the demo recording, but I'd like a video file I can edit in Sony Vegas... I could just record with fraps, but I'd still get the same fps loss :/

In case there is, then I don't know about it. Maybe try searching Google? Perhaps you could find some kind of solution on a website like Tek9, or so.
(12-31-2010, 01:21 PM)Danny link Wrote:I know about the demo recording, but I'd like a video file I can edit in Sony Vegas... I could just record with fraps, but I'd still get the same fps loss :/

yes there is

/cl_avidemo 60 or higher (60 is enough for smooth video though)
/cl_avidemo stop
basically what it does it takes screenshots of your game, later on you will have to use virtualdub to save it as .avi and THEN you can start editing the clip in vegas
I tried that earlier on with /cl_avidemo 30, it just lagged the hell out of my game until I did /cl_avidemo 0.