Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

My friend's seeking for help
My friend on xfire said that he can't connect to any SA:MP server because even the "Loading" bar doesn't want to open.. All he gets is the black window and the "buffering" piece of mouse part.

He's using Windows 7, and this is the message he gets:
"A running programe isn't compatible with certain visual elements of Windows"

I asked him if he's using any mods and he said he's only using hud.txd and font.txd. He could play with them yesterday though.

Thanks
It might be possible that the resolution he's trying to run it in isn't compatible with his monitor.
He should create a shortcut to gta_sa.exe on his desktop, right click > properties. Under the Shortcut tab, there's a box labelled "Target".
At the end of what's written there, after the " at the end, write: -window or -windowed. Either will work. If it starts, he needs to go into his options, and set his resolution to something lower.

If he still gets it, the "compatibility" error could be compatibility with the OS. He needs to right click on gta_sa.exe, properties > Compatibility. Run in compatibility mode for Win XP, or Win 2000.

If not, I don't know, I don't use Windows 7. Sorry.
(12-07-2010, 05:51 PM)Danny link Wrote: It might be possible that the resolution he's trying to run it in isn't compatible with his monitor.
He should create a shortcut to gta_sa.exe on his desktop, right click > properties. Under the Shortcut tab, there's a box labelled "Target".
At the end of what's written there, after the " at the end, write: -window or -windowed. Either will work. If it starts, he needs to go into his options, and set his resolution to something lower.

If he still gets it, the "compatibility" error could be compatibility with the OS. He needs to right click on gta_sa.exe, properties > Compatibility. Run in compatibility mode for Win XP, or Win 2000.

If not, I don't know, I don't use Windows 7. Sorry.

Another solution to this issue is going to

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\

And deleting the file gta_sa.set, then starting the game.
Tell him to try disabling Windows Aero