Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Input Not Supported
Bought metro 2033, tried to run it and my screen went black, so i tried to restart my PC and now my screen is black when it starts(using safe mode atm)

I know it's the resolution, what i don't know is how to set it back and make it save, any help? :/
Safe mode should get you into windows. And after that you should be able to change the resolution

Yeah, i've tried that, it still doesn't work when i re-boot in normal mode.
Don't know what kind of videocard you have, but some videocards have two ports on it. Try to plug it onto the other port while the computer is on.

Another solution is to hit f8 before the splash is coming up from windows. There you have to choose VGA mode and set the right resolution.

Else you can try this:

Quote:move the mouse so it is way, way down in the lower right corner. Place a penny or dime on the mousepad touching the upper left corner of the mouse. Pull the mouse diagonally down to the right a distance equal to the diameter of the coin. Then back up to the coin.

Right Click

Take your hand off the mouse because the rest is on the keyboard.

up <arrow>

<Enter>

hold <Shift> press <Tab>

right <Arrow> 10 times.

<Tab>

left <arrow> (decreases resolution, right arrow to increase)

<Enter>
Quote:OK, so you fall into this trap (easy to do ) what do you do??? Punch the Power/Reset button and wait for the PC to shutdown and then re-start it. Bang on the F8 key until the boot mode screen shows up, then select "Enable VGA Mode". This will boot Windows into VGA, the lowest common denominator for display hardware. If the desktop doesn't show up (albeit in ratty 800x600 256 colors) then you have a different problem.

If the desktop is visible, then right-click the desktop background, select "Properties", and "Settings", click "Advanced" and select the "Adapter" tab and click "Properties", then in the new pop-up select the "Drivers" tab and click the "Uninstall" button. The idea is to uninstall the video driver so when the computer re-boots it will re-install it with all of it's defaults.

So, when it asks to re-boot, click the "Yes" button (of course, make sure you save anything that needs saving).

After it re-boots, it should do a PNP install of the video driver (which should already be available on your machine), and your display should be restored (you might have to go through one more re-boot to finish).

You'll probably want to adjust the screen res, but be sure to check the monitor specs first so you can avoid a setting that it can't handle