Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Case fans
I have 4 fans which i can control with a remote, same as my PC and screen, Acer ftw :D
(10-28-2010, 09:48 PM)Frazer link Wrote: ouuuuuu.. I got 5 or 6 fans  >:)

Can it fly?

however...depending on the size and the flow of your fans, I can really imagine that having 6 fans is not optimal (Energy/efficiency/noise).
I got 3 on my case and took 2 of them off (apart the 120mm one), I couldn't sleep well otherwise
(10-29-2010, 11:56 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: Can it fly?

however...depending on the size and the flow of your fans, I can really imagine that having 6 fans is not optimal (Energy/efficiency/noise).

Well case fans should always be setup to make a vacuum effect in your case, ex: Front panel case be outer flow and back fans be intake. Side panel or case door fans should always be an intake setup. (aka blows air into your case.) As for energy efficient, well really it doesn't matter too much, as long as you have enough to supply it.
(10-29-2010, 12:33 PM)xbluexfoxx link Wrote: Well case fans should always be setup to make a vacuum effect in your case, ex: Front panel case be outer flow and back fans be intake. Side panel or case door fans should always be an intake setup. (aka blows air into your case.) As for energy efficient, well really it doesn't matter too much, as long as you have enough to supply it.

You dont need a vacuum effect...you need flow. Vacuum would mean all the air gets sucked out which would create a very low flow and no constant cool air intake. As for efficiency, it means having enough Flow to keep the processor within certain temperature limits, overdimensioning on flow means you will use too much energy and noise. Infact, having too much fans is Bad for your computer since it will suck in excessive air and therefore have a faster dust buildup which creates an isolating layer around your pc parts. Since heat diffusion is passive it is way more inefficient than convective systems.
(10-30-2010, 03:29 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: You dont need a vacuum effect...you need flow. Vacuum would mean all the air gets sucked out which would create a very low flow and no constant cool air intake. As for efficiency, it means having enough Flow to keep the processor within certain temperature limits, overdimensioning on flow means you will use too much energy and noise. Infact, having too much fans is Bad for your computer since it will suck in excessive air and therefore have a faster dust buildup which creates an isolating layer around your pc parts. Since heat diffusion is passive it is way more inefficient than convective systems.

I mean a vacuum effect as in you want it to intake air from one side and blow it out on the other, aka airflow. You must not have understood what I meant clearly.  :+
(10-30-2010, 10:21 PM)xbluexfoxx link Wrote: I mean a vacuum effect as in you want it to intake air from one side and blow it out on the other, aka airflow. You must not have understood what I meant clearly.  :+

You mean the bernouilli effect?
(10-27-2010, 10:10 PM)Blackbean link Wrote: Well, my case has 3 fan places:
[Image: untitled.JPG]
^like that

And is that enough if i have one at the back an one at the top?

That picture is epic

But if you want to have some more fans working!

Pay xbluexfoxx and 0target0 some moneyz. And take your own ass working.

And you will end up like this:

[Image: lol.jpg]

That is the best possible way to have some fans working for you!

gr,

jerico
Im too old, thus energy inefficient for this application. 80's material is crap anyways.
(11-01-2010, 08:28 AM)jerico link Wrote: Pay xbluexfoxx and 0target0 some moneyz. And take your own ass working.
[Image: lol.jpg]

pew pew