Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Computer beeps when 3 keys are pressed
Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Very common keys to be used together, but whenever I try to press them, my computer starts beeping and Task Manager doesn't open. This usually happens when you press down 4 or 5 keys at the same time, but not 3.

Is there any way for me to fix this? Sensible replies please, no 're-install windows' because it was working a few days ago, only happened recently.
If u use Win XP try that - Start > control panel > Accessibility Options - uncheck all.
I don't use any of those things. None are checked.
Did you check the settings for Stickykeys, Filter and Togglekeys? I fixed the same problem in this way. Gl!
(08-19-2010, 12:58 PM)JIMI_JO link Wrote: Did you check the settings for Stickykeys, Filter and Togglekeys? I fixed the same problem in this way. Gl!
Those things have nothing at all to do with Ctrl+Alt+Delete. My guess is you simply read "starts beeping" and posted from there.

Dan, unless you screwed with computer settings somewhere down the line, you probably have some sort of virus or malfunction. Try doing all the usual things: defrag (couldn't hurt :P), virus/crapware scan, etc. Also, if you have CCleaner, use it (and if you don't, get it). After you do all that, shut down your computer for a few seconds and then start it up again. If you can't find any problem and you're positive you altered nothing (and really look), try System Restore. (If you don't have that enabled, then either right-click the taskbar for the Task Manager or, yeah, reinstall your operating system.) You could always wait it out and see if it simply goes away after a bit, too. Windows can sometimes be like that, especially if you've just had the computer for a while.
ctrl + shift + esc openes task manager too. In Google you can find a lot information on the topic.
(08-19-2010, 04:51 PM)JIMI_JO link Wrote: ctrl + shift + esc openes task manager too. In Google you can find a lot information on the topic.

Oh I didn't know that, now I can open the task manager without having the fancy Windows 7 prompt window. Thanks :w
(08-19-2010, 05:00 PM)Jhon link Wrote: Oh I didn't know that, now I can open the task manager without having the fancy Windows 7 prompt window. Thanks :w

yw  :>
(08-19-2010, 02:13 PM)TEF™ link Wrote: Those things have nothing at all to do with Ctrl+Alt+Delete. My guess is you simply read "starts beeping" and posted from there.

Dan, unless you screwed with computer settings somewhere down the line, you probably have some sort of virus or malfunction. Try doing all the usual things: defrag (couldn't hurt :P), virus/crapware scan, etc. Also, if you have CCleaner, use it (and if you don't, get it). After you do all that, shut down your computer for a few seconds and then start it up again. If you can't find any problem and you're positive you altered nothing (and really look), try System Restore. (If you don't have that enabled, then either right-click the taskbar for the Task Manager or, yeah, reinstall your operating system.) You could always wait it out and see if it simply goes away after a bit, too. Windows can sometimes be like that, especially if you've just had the computer for a while.

Scanning, will defrag later if it doesn't find a virus. Thanks for the info :)
(08-19-2010, 04:51 PM)JIMI_JO link Wrote: ctrl + shift + esc openes task manager too. In Google you can find a lot information on the topic.

That works OK, thanks. I guess I'll just use that if my problem doesn't go away.