Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Still lagging.
(09-07-2010, 08:37 AM)Hitman link Wrote: bluefox:  GTA SA accepts forced AA modes. Atleast if you use nHancer, but im pretty sure if you force it via the normal driver it will work too.

Nodda, tried both Nvidia and ATI. Forced AA doesn't work with the default control panels, 3rd party apps I have never tried.

[Relevant but off-topic]
Also just a quick note that is FACT not opinion: ATI is better at drawing textures, ex: bullet holes in games don't lag with ATI cards, yet with Nvidia it has a lot of issues drawing many small texture objects.  Ex: With halo PC, if you have "Decals" explosion marks bullet marks ect. You can lose 40% of your FPS just by having that on with an Nvidia card, but ATI has no FPS loss when drawing those things. Another Ex: Call of duty WaW is the same, you can draw many smoke particles and bullet holes without losing any, nearly any FPS when drawing, yet on Nvidia cards, it will lost about 20% of FPS. I have tested this, it's definitely a difference in the technologies that make the difference.

Reason I prefer ATI, more bang for the buck.
Thread locked seeing as the thread creator doesnt seem to be willing to actually share the information about his rig that we need in order to help him.
WinXP: 75 fps in another world | 35 fps at ship.
Win7: 60 fps in another world | 25?! fps at ship.

Win7 + F7 pressed once (removes outline and fades text): 75fps in another world | 35 fps at ship.

If you got Windows 7, tap F7 once as Windows 7 seems to be hatin' on SA-MP's text renderer.