Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Help with ports
Hey guys. I been playing MW2 and noticed that theres times where i cant join a friends party and i have trouble with mics. I did some research and learned that i need to open ports for MW2. On mw2 my nat type is set to moderate, which is strict, which is causing me problems joining parties. Anyone knows how to open ports? yes i did research and ran up to this website which you will eventually run up to http://portforward.com/ but i have no idea what to do. helppppp
There are some setting in your router which is NAT / Network Address Translation, I guess you just have to enabled that. Or maybe forward the ports of MW2 although I've got no idea which port(s) is/are used.

As for opening ports, it varies over routers. But as for mine (ZyXEL P-320W), you have to go to: Network > NAT > Port Forwarding. And in there add some information, Name, Start Port, End Port, Server IP Address (your internal IP).

What's a bit weird is that I have not forwarded any port for MW2 (although I have for CS:S) and I do not have a Script NAT.

I hope I helped a little bit at least.

[offtopic]I like your avatar, I'm going for that challenge right now. :+[/offtopic]
Hm im not sure what to do really, but thanks for the help.

(08-07-2010, 04:53 PM)Lithirm link Wrote: [offtopic]I like your avatar, I'm going for that challenge right now. :+[/offtopic]
he he yes i got very happy when i got it. Not that hard, just have a good team and set up 5,7,11
5 = predator missle
7 = harrier
11 = ac130
[/offtopic]
lock the topic. problem solved