Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Mysterious Jailings
I don't know about others but I have been jailed twice for something I didn't do.

1. I was in San Fierro flying a plane looking for properties to buy.  All of a sudden I find myself in jail. I ask why, and then I'm told for trying to land the plane on the ship.  I'm like, uh Im no where near the ship. Im not even in the same town as the ship.   No reply. So I say oh well and let it go.

2. The second time. I was on the ship. I had a weapon out. I usually put them away when I am sitting there resting. Anyway, I go afk. I come back and find out (by the person sitting at the computer next to mine) that I was killed on the ship, then I was put in jail. I ask, why the hell was I jailed I wasn't even at the freakin key board? Someone says (a mod says) (incidentally its the same mod who was on duty when I was in the plane and jailed the last time) that I was shooting on the ship. I say impossible, because I was AFK. If I had a weapon out I certainly wasn't firing it. I hate ship shooters.

Anyway, so was it a bug or a mistake or whatever.

It's freakin annoying to find yourself falsely accused of something and in jail.
So Im wonderin if its happened to anyone else? 
Or if a mod was pickin on me or what?   :'(

I think I've figured out the problem. May delete this post if u wish. Thanks. Someone sent me a PM that shed some light on the subject.  Thank you!  :w 
I invite the same person who PM'ed you to post the solution here. No need to delete it.
(08-15-2007, 01:18 AM)Badeend link Wrote: I invite the same person who PM'ed you to post the solution here. No need to delete it.

Well there were no real actual solutions persay, but possibly logical explainations. Like, the mod may have been new and simply made a mistake. Because when I was flying I was near the ship at one time, but not at all close enough to land it there, and I was just flying aimlessly before I went to San Fierro, but while in that town I was suddenly jailed. So I figure, hmm honest mistake I guess. I think landing aircraft on the ship is retarded. So is killing/shooting/fighting on the ship.

Then the second time, when I was on the ship, someone could've messed with my computer since I failed to put my weapon away.  But I really doubt it. However, I am on the ship alot because I am off doing other things too. I like to multi task.

So being an avid anti-ship shooter/killer/fighter I was a little offended for being jailed for doing that when I wasn't doing that, ya know? Being jailed really isn't a big deal and you get these lovely flowers afterwards!  :D lol. But, seriously, I didn't like people thinking I was a ship shooter when I am against it.

I suggested that a mod was "pickin" on me and I meant that in a playful teasing way. Not that a mod was bullying me. So just to make that part clear. lol. And if a mod was making mistakes I dont want him to get in trouble cuz he could be a new mod, I don't know, so I kinda wish I hadnt brought it up. Because I really haven't had a problem with any of the mods so far they've all been really nice and  helpful. 

Not really related to my topic, but possibly it could be: I also realize that there is like a bit of animosity towards new players, and we're considered "noobs" and I guess the "old timers" are not happy we are here. So in the back of my mind I wondered if perhaps some of the mods felt that way too? I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've seen the word "noob" said in main chat. I would be so rich. Not all newbies are noobs, okay? To me there is a big difference. A "noob" is a new person who doesn't follow the rules and runs around being stupid and annoying. A "newbie" is a new person who is nice and does follow the rules, and honestly tries to learn the other rules that aren't listed. Anyway, so the word noob is often overused and misused, in most cases, and it's annoying to always hear it said so often!    :X
I jailed you for point 2. You had an AK at the taxi spot, and you were shooting, so idle or not, I jailed. I understand it was a problem when you paused, but you shooting upsetts other players, so I just have to jail to get you away from the ship.
(08-15-2007, 03:15 PM)tomozj link Wrote: I jailed you for point 2. You had an AK at the taxi spot, and you were shooting, so idle or not, I jailed. I understand it was a problem when you paused, but you shooting upsetts other players, so I just have to jail to get you away from the ship.

I understand that getting a shooter away from the ship is important. However, I was totally afk out of the room when the whole thing happened. When I came back, the other person who was in the room (at the comp next to mine) told me what happened. That someone was shooting at me and then I died, then I got put in jail. So, yeah I was like wtf I wasn't even near my keyboard. But however it happened I apologize. I just didn't want to log off and lose the props I had just bought. So I guess I'll have to from now on if I am going to be away a while.

Thanks for your time.
hey man, there is no need to log out of the server, just use /pause when you have to go afk
(08-27-2007, 09:46 AM)Cyrix404 link Wrote:hey man, there is no need to log out of the server, just use /pause when you have to go afk

Raindrop = Female...

It's okay CyRiX404, I question you sometimes  :P j/k