Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Xbox live connection Problems.
Hello, I have been playing on PS3 for awhile now, and I have watched friends play XBL and it appealed to me. So I recently bought XBL, and gotten MW2.

I have a D-LINK DI-524 router with a DSL-302g Modem -(I haven't configured anything on this yet.)
  • Opened Ports, (TCP, UDP 3074).
  • Set up static IP adress for the XBOX.
  • Enabled XBOX support in routers settings.
  • Make sure UPnP support is enabled.
  • Used Static IP with DMZ

^^- These are all for my router, not modem.

Anyway, the problem is I have OPEN Nat type, I try join a MW2 game, and it takes like 10-15-20minutes to actually find a game. And when it does, it doesnt connect to it. I really want a solution to this, since it's basically unplayable. And I have connected to a few games, but the lag is unbearable. Keep in mind, I joined a FFA match with no lag at all. Just a perfect fluent game.

I have just recently realised that my Modem doesnt have UPnP support, (http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/hardware/?...del_id=107)could this be the problem? And if it is, how come it didnt affect my PS3 experience?

Also, I use a router, but I also use an ethernet cable with it so no I'm not wireless. Also, this only happens with MW2, I join games fine on Halo3 and also PS3.

[Image: 881577389.png][Image: 20472726.png]

Thankyou in advance.
Unplug them both. Hook the router to the xbox while it's powered off, power on the router, when fully booted then turn on the xbox, my bro had the same issue with his D-link.
Thanks, but no dice.
Did you mean unplug router and modem, or unplug router and xbox. Since you said nothing about the modem.
Just found your solution on xbox.com-
Quote:To make a router connection to Xbox Live:

Before you connect any cables, turn off your router, modem, PC, and Xbox 360 console. (Unplug your modem from its power source to turn it off.)
Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your modem and the other end to the Ethernet input port on the back of your router.
With another Ethernet cable, connect one end to one of the router's Ethernet output ports. Connect the other end to your PC's Ethernet port.
With the third Ethernet cable, connect one end to another of the router's Ethernet output ports. Connect the other end to the Ethernet port on the back of the Xbox 360 console.
Turn on your modem, then your router, then your PC.
Make sure your PC can access the Internet. If not, you may need to configure the router for Internet access. For help configuring the router using your PC, check the instructions that came with the router.
Turn on your Xbox 360 console with no disc in the disc tray.
If you've already used your Xbox 360 system for offline play, the Xbox Dashboard will open to the Xbox Live area. Select the Xbox Live banner. When you see the Xbox Live Marketplace you'll know you're connected to Xbox Live.
Hmm, well I have nothing dude, I would just say buy a wireless card for it because they seem to be the least obnoxious thing to connect to live with, but they're pricey.  :/
Hahaha I really don't want to get wireless. I use a 30m cable right now that is mounted on walls and such (modem/router downstairs, xbox/pc up).
Anyone else got any solutions? I swear I spent 4 hours last night looking through forums with no luck. lol
Is there any way that you can hook it up straight to the modem and try? If not or if that doesnt work, try your Xbox at someone else's house and/or use someone else's wireless adapter and see what happens.