Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Adobe Premier vs Sony Vegas
I've volunteered to help make a video for something in work (long story). I need to make it look professional, and was just wondering if anyone here has tried Vegas / Premier, and if so which they preferred (and most importantly, which was easiest to use).
Vegas would be my choice, mainly due to stability... But depending on what you want to do and how complex your editing is it mightn't suit you.

Adobe are somewhat like macromedia(probably because they're the same company) so their approach to applications is very simular. So if you have messed around with Dreamweaver or Flash in a development point of view Premier would probably be alot easier to pick up.

Also, you're asking here... where its mostly children slapping together videos captured with FRAPS in windows movie maker... you're a smart guy, and I'm sure both applications are just as easy to obtain(buy) ;-)  so all I can suggest is that you install both, and play with each for 30 minutes to see what interface you perfer, because thats bascially what it boils down to between these 2 products.
(06-15-2010, 11:06 PM)Jay link Wrote: I've volunteered to help make a video for something in work (long story). I need to make it look professional, and was just wondering if anyone here has tried Vegas / Premier, and if so which they preferred (and most importantly, which was easiest to use).
there's a way to use both google/youtube are your friends
(06-16-2010, 03:47 AM)KingJd link Wrote: there's a way to use both google/youtube are your friends
Thanks, smartass. If you don't have anything to contribute, then get the fuck out.

I'd suggest Sony Vegas. Been working with it long time and almost all my videos are done in Sony Vegas. I can't comment on Adobe Premier because I have never touched it, and I won't. I'm used to Sony Vegas. It may take a little bit time to get familiar with it, but you eventually will.
I used both Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere, and both have pros and cons.  In my opinion Vegas is more stable and has more features, but I also found Adobe Premiere to be much more user-friendly and easier to use, especially for beginners.
(06-16-2010, 07:20 AM)Hitman link Wrote: I used both Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere, and both have pros and cons.  In [b]my opinion Vegas is more stable and has more features, but I also found Adobe Premiere to be much more user-friendly and easier to use, especially for beginners.[/b]
True. Been using Sony Vegas for a long time myself though. It's kind of easy to use when you get used too it, witch is easy if you have been doing the basic ''movie-maker'' stuff.

^ Hitman said it.
Yeah I'm going to have to go with sony vegas in this situation, its more clean work, and its very easy to use. (Much better then those kiddy's with WMM  making lower quality videos with a very limited set of transitions) Windows movie maker R' 4 tr01ls. The only time I'd use WMM is when I'm in a rush. But yes if you haven't used Sony vegas (I'm sure you have tho). Its layout is pretty simple and has all of the tools up front.
Windows Movie Maker
(06-16-2010, 09:15 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Windows Movie Maker

Fail. /facepalm

WMM sucks. Clearly you don't know anything about profession editors
(06-16-2010, 07:20 AM)Hitman link Wrote: I used both Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere, and both have pros and cons.  In my opinion Vegas is more stable and has more features, but I also found Adobe Premiere to be much more user-friendly and easier to use, especially for beginners.
True.