Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

GTA:SA working once, then crashes to desktop after intro credits
I've been using Windows 7 for a while, but hadn't installed GTA:SA yet. I found my old CD back and installed it, used the Hoodlum no-CD patch, MTA sa-mp and could play without a problem. Next time I start the game, it crashes back to the desktop after the intro credits. I reinstalled the game and again, it was working fine. After a reboot it didn't work anymore.

Because it did run fine the first time (for a few hours I was working on a map) I'm sure it's not a driver issue.

I tried the following stuff:
- Deleted gta_sa.set
- Different types of reinstalls (only GTA, only MTA sa-mp) and found out it's a GTA problem
- Compatibility mode for XP SP2, SP3 and even Windows 98
- Running as administrator
- Disabling programs like Daemon Tools
- Set a password to my user account in Windows and explicitly telling gta_sa to use that account (made absolutely no sense to me, but read it somewhere)

The only thing I did after a reinstall was change the video resolution. I think deleting gta_sa.set removes the resolution settings, right?

I'm out of ideas, but I don't feel like reinstalling GTA every single time I'd like to use it. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Any help is appreciated!
Are you sure that your system got the minium requirements for running San Andreas?

If yes, try this: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=265370.

If not, you know what to do  :+
ok, go to My documents and remove gta user files, try that out if it won't work out il try to find another solution.
(05-11-2010, 07:44 PM)DaNi3L link Wrote: ok, go to My documents and remove gta user files, try that out if it won't work out il try to find another solution.

he obviously already did that
(05-11-2010, 08:06 PM)Hitman link Wrote: he obviously already did that

gta user files ain't gta_set? i didn't read where he removed gta user files, could be wrong to but..
(05-11-2010, 07:11 PM)Kase link Wrote: Are you sure that your system got the minium requirements for running San Andreas?

Yep.

Quote:If yes, try this: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=265370.

If not, you know what to do  :+

I'll try that, thanks :)
(05-11-2010, 08:07 PM)DaNi3L link Wrote: gta user files ain't gta_set? i didn't read where he removed gta user files, could be wrong to but..

gta_set is the only thing that actually affects any settings in the userfiles.. the rest are simply mp3 songs, pictures taken by ig camera or savegames
(05-11-2010, 08:14 PM)Hitman link Wrote: gta_set is the only thing that actually affects any settings in the userfiles.. the rest are simply mp3 songs, pictures taken by ig camera or savegames

Then why do i have to remove Gta sa userfile every 3days else my game won't start? and yes i've removed gta_set already. :O weird shit.
Lemme guess, using a no-cd patch, but you didn't install the audio files from the disc?
(05-12-2010, 02:44 PM)Sander link Wrote: Lemme guess, using a no-cd patch, but you didn't install the audio files from the disc?

Heh yeah, read that in another thread too. I did reinstall it with the audio files, but haven't rebooted my PC since. When I'm home I'll check if it's fixed :)