Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Moderator Abuse
Today some moderator threatened my Ducks clan to be kicked if we used grenades anymore.

There's no point fighting people like Haze and Sam cause to us they lag so bad, even when all 10 of us were throwing grenades, they weren't registering hits.

So anyways whomever made up this asinine rule should have a talking to, please.

Thanks.

And here's the deal.  We're not a clan because of clan's sake, we clan together because we're friends in other games.  We don't want to be 'noob'...but we don't want two people to walk through ten and snag a base, taxi out, and then complain about grenades?!?

Where is the merged post?

If you don't want grenades in the game then take them out.

You somehow still seem to miss the fact that TWO (2) people were able to walk through TEN (10) people who were shooting MILLIONS of dollars worth of ammo at the TWO (2) people who were NOT DYING.  And THEN you take THEIR side?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot man?!?
Original post by, Doc_Holiday

"Today some moderator thratened my Ducks clan to be kicked if we used grenades anymore.

There's no point fighting people like Haze and Sam cause to us they lag so bad, even when all 10 of us were throwing grenades, they weren't registering hits.

So anyways whomever made up this asinine rule should have a talking to, please.

Thanks.

And here's the deal.  We're not a clan because of clan's sake, we clan together because we're friends in other games.  We don't want to be 'noob'...but we don't want two people to walk through ten and snag a base, taxi out, and then complain about grenades?!?
"

Sorry for the double thread, but I would like to personally answer this once since I seem to be the Mod Abuser...

Well, this is what was happening Doc. I was getting all sorts of PM's containing, "There are people granade spamming the Gang Base!" I was getting these complaints for about 5 min till I acually went over there and checked it out myself. As I went over to the Gang Base, I noticed a same color gang (light blue) pref yours? Sitting on top of the Gang Base roof of about 7 - 10 people. As I went there, All I saw were granades being throw everywhere. As I ran in there, I quickly ran back towerds the main gate where Chris(LVF) and Haze(SiN) and other people where sitting there waiting for it to end. After warning you guys through Main Chat to calm down with the granades, there was no response.
I went to mIRC to talk to an Admin directly. The admin which was Cloakster said to keep warning you guys and if that dident work, tell him again. As I warned and warned you guys, I could see that it wasen't getting through anyones head over there. So, I went back to Cloakster and told him that nothing was working so he started warning you guys until you guys stopped.

I dont see why you seem to be so upset over this all. If it was anyone to be upset, it would be the main players of LVP. It seems to me that you are new here and the main people who use the Gang Base have been here for a while and respect the head LVP's players rules. But, a lot of people think there so "hard-core" that they dont need to listend to anyone... When a Mod or Admin says to stop something that they know isen't right, you should know that you should stop what you are doing. It's not fair to me, to come to the Forums and see a post about an Abusive Moderator (me)... It makes me look like the bad guy when all I was doing is trying to stop something that was bothering everyone who wanted to play at the Gang Base.

The Gang Base is one of the main things that LVP has to offer. And the majority of the main players won't stand to see that the one place they like the most, is being abused and they cant do nothing about it.

If you have any question/concerns, Feel free to Private Message me.

thanks,

BoogerJay

Thanks badeend
Merged.
Open for discussion, but keep it friendly or we will lock this one !
I just have to add what it appears to be to me simply is that people aren't listening to temporary-moderators. You should treat them with respect just as you'd treat any crewmember, and listen to them when they instruct you to do something. When a situation like this breaks out, and the grenading starts the skill of shooting is pretty much pointless, so I see why clans that have dedicated hours upon days learning to fight well, get so ticked off when people just drop grenades on their heads.

Oh, and these clan guys are good, it takes alot to take them down. So if you couldn't shoot them, file a report and a crewmember will check it out. They might not PM you back as they're too busy trying to check them out.

That's all I have to say really. :)
(08-17-2007, 12:00 PM)tomozj link Wrote: Oh, and these clan guys are good, it takes alot to take them down.

Added to that:

I remember [SWK]Stone_Cold, [NB]ChaosWolf, tomozj and me against 10 of you guys(grenading) and we all barely got hit. And as I read in the other topic, about desynched, maybe HaZe was desynched instead of all you 10 guys? Mostly what I want to say is, don't start yelling at moderator abuse, BoogerJay even went to IRC to discuss it with an administrator so IMO he handled quite right.
I disagree with the actions taken by the mod in question. Grenades are part of the game, deal with it. Apparantly it's a tactic that works very well, you guys shouldnt complain about people resorting to a different strategy if they can't take you heads on, get your act to gether and plan a countertactic. Expecting people to play by your rules is ridiculous if these rules give you the upperhand, everyone plays to win. LVP offers a lot of freedom, so no point not using it.
There were not other people waiting for anything. Only HaZe and chris were invading, and we saw you right along with them a few times.

Like you said, you saw on your magical screen that HaZe [b]was losing health.[/b] Again, you haven't answered why he never eventually died. On all our screens he didn't lose health and didnt die. I mean, because he was there at the base getting shot at by 8 or so people, plus another two or three maybe even four were using grenades. I think another person used a car. Oh yeah, and after one of the times after I died I came back with a freakin Semi truck and ran over his cheating ass and he never lost any health. I mean comethefreaking hell on, man? You totally dodged that question in the other thread and then it was closed. lol. So why didn't he eventually die since you ADMIT he was losing health?

Oh and then last night chris was talking about this particular incident and oh what did he say, Doc? He said it on the mainchat for everyone to hear. He hinted that they were in fact doing something. Chris said something, like man u dont know what I know about this game and what u can do... And then Doc says Oh so you admit to doing something... And then the rest of the night chris was very quiet, which is unusual for chris and then he left. It's like he realized he talked too much shut up then quietly left. so funny.

We had no problem killing other people who entered the base any other time, so its not us. I may not be highly skilled as a shooter but I know one of our gang members was an awarded sharp shooter irl. And his target was locked on HaZe too and he lost no health on his screen either. You ADMIT to having other reports from other people that HaZe wasn't losing health, again by your own admission. HOW much more proof do you freakin need?   Like I said several times already. It is clear what is going on, and its pointless to even argue it further, its up for a main admin to seriously look into this situation. Own up to the fact you made a mistake as a temp. mod and used favoritism, in this particular situation. People would have more respect for you owning up to it than continually back peddaling and making excuses.

(tomozj, we have great respect for all mods temporary or not, but in this particular case something isn't right... obviously. The guy was reported by many, he was teleported to by me (many times) to test the health, blood was spattering but the health bar was not moving. It showed that he was clearly hit.)

(08-17-2007, 03:48 PM)theHolyCow link Wrote: I disagree with the actions taken by the mod in question. Grenades are part of the game, deal with it. Apparantly it's a tactic that works very well, you guys shouldnt complain about people resorting to a different strategy if they can't take you heads on, get your act to gether and plan a countertactic. Expecting people to play by your rules is ridiculous if these rules give you the upperhand, everyone plays to win. LVP offers a lot of freedom, so no point not using it.

I agree. Thank you.
(08-17-2007, 04:40 PM)Rainedrop link Wrote: There were not other people waiting for anything. Only HaZe and chris were invading, and we saw you right along with them a few times.

Like you said, you saw on your magical screen that HaZe [b]was losing health.[/b] Again, you haven't answered why he never eventually died. On all our screens he didn't lose health and didnt die. I mean, because he was there at the base getting shot at by 8 or so people, plus another two or three maybe even four were using grenades. I think another person used a car. Oh yeah, and after one of the times after I died I came back with a freakin Semi truck and ran over his cheating ass i really doubt that HaZe is a 'cheater' taking that he is a regular with more than 250 hours ingame, most cheaters don't play on LVp much longer than a few minutes before they get banned, and, you say that he did lost health, but didn't die he could have owned the fort carson medical center, which regenerates your health

and he never lost any health. I mean comethefreaking hell on, man? You totally dodged that question in the other thread and then it was closed. lol. So why didn't he eventually die since you ADMIT he was losing health?

Oh and then last night chris was talking about this particular incident and oh what did he say, Doc? He said it on the mainchat for everyone to hear. He hinted that they were in fact doing something. Chris said something, like man u dont know what I know about this game and what u can do... And then Doc says Oh so you admit to doing something... And then the rest of the night chris was very quiet, which is unusual for chris and then he left. It's like he realized he talked too much shut up then quietly left. so funny.

We had no problem killing other people who entered the base any other time desync?, hitbox?, so its not us. I may not be highly skilled as a shooter but I know one of our gang members was an awarded sharp shooter irl.uhm.. so that makes him a better shooter ingame? And his target was locked on HaZe ' And his target was locked on HaZe' taking that he was using auto-aim doesn't always mean that all your bullets hit :+ too and he lost no health on his screen either. how can you look at his screen?? You ADMIT to having other reports from other people that HaZe wasn't losing health, again by your own admission. HOW much more proof do you freakin need?   Like I said several times already. It is clear what is going on, and its pointless to even argue it further, its up for a main admin to seriously look into this situation. Own up to the fact you made a mistake as a temp. mod and used favoritism, in this particular situation. People would have more respect for you owning up to it than continually back peddaling and making excuses.

(tomozj, we have great respect for all mods temporary or not, but in this particular case something isn't right... obviously. The guy was reported by many, he was teleported to by me (many times) to test the health, blood was spattering but the health bar was not moving. It showed that he was clearly hit.)