Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S]Sjavascript:void(0);uggestions on how to get high playercount
Okay, last night, where I were trying to sleep, I thought of LVP's low playercount. It has lowered, we all know, and we do agree on this. So here I'll write down a few suggestions I have for getting a higher playercount (If you're a player, and think you got more good suggestion, write me a PM, and I'll add them  :) )

Removing a button on the log-in box
When you've written your password, you have to press "Log In" or enter, which is fine, but there is another button "Quit" or whatever it says. It doesn't really help you a lot, especially not if you're about to quit. If you press there (Which can happen by mistake) you're simply getting kicked, and then you can do /q or go to the menu -> quit/escape, if you don't want to play. If you really want to quit, it doesn't help pressing the button, since it will just delay quitting, so it doesn't really have any useful function. As I mentioned before, it can happen by mistake (Even if you press escape o.O), and ruin the players will to play, or might just make them join another server.

Removing the "I do not accept the rules" button
If you join the server with an unregistered nick, a box pops up, including the rules, which by itself is a really good idea, since it lets newbies know the rule, so they don't start speaking polski w/e in the mainchat. But then you can press "I accept" and "I do not accept". If you press "I do not accept" you get kicked, and if you press this button by a mistake, it can also really bother. I mean, why not just state"By playing on Las Venturas Playground, you automatically accept the rules, and agrees following them" and lets the user press okay, instead of getting kicked by mistake. This also forces players to agree on the rules, and well, if they don't we have our crew ready with shiny ban-sticks  :7

Less strict
Discipline is a good thing, but can be overwhelming. I know a lot of admins/mods do this, when I've been tempted I've also got told to do it. It is muting without warning. If they speak a foreign language in the main chat, then once it's spotted they get muted, and this makes some newbies quit instantly because they can't chat with their friends. I suggest you'll simply give them a PM, stating that the main chat is for English use only, and if they want to speak another language, they should use the /pm, /call or the gang chat. If they continue, a mute is in the right place, and then you could perhaps track which country they're from, and give them the same warning as before, just in their language.

Non-crew newbie helpers
Well, I've been a part of a Danish online community some years ago, and it got pretty big. Since their admins couldn't help every single newbie with question such as "How to I pm?" etc.

Then  they found a couple of regular users, which knows the commands, and that are friendly, trustworthy players, they gave them the assignment to take care of newbies with these.. Newbie question. They where recognizable with different shits, that said "Newbie-Helper" or something like that.

Here on LVP we could use the same idea. Simply assign some regulars with this job, and perhaps give them a special color, (Like mods is orange, admins yellow, and so on.) so that they're recognizable. This can be done without giving them any special commands, etc. They would then take care of the newbie questions, so that they would get answered, even if crew is not ingame, or if the crew is really stressed with catching cheaters etc.

Maybe a lot of minimods, wannabees, and power hungering noobs wants to take care of this job, but then we could say it would be for Vip's only, and atleast 200 hours. This will filter out people who are not qualified, and filter out people who just want to play god, or more important than other players.

A chat could also be made like the @report thing, just with newb-questions instead of cheat reports, and also be viewable by the newbie-helpers.

Less non-necessarily kicks
This happens to most regulars, getting kicked for dumb reasons, questions, etc. This mostly happens to regulars since they return like boomerangs, but this is still VERY annoying, and is one more reason to change server. I'm not saying that the LVP Crew is a bad crew, (Because that's the last thing they are, they're very effective and gets their jobs done.) but that some admins gives the whole crew a bad reputation because of unnecessary kicks, which just piss you off.

Example of bad kick reason would be; Kicked because mentioning another bad kick, complaining about an earlier kick, defending someone else getting kicked/banned, mentioning it perhaps wasn't a good reason for a kick/ban, Dumb statement, and you can imagine several others yourself,  since you self know it.

I know you may reply "You shouldn't question the crewmembers decision" which by itself is right, but in some situations you can't help it, since it possibly could have been a rather unfair kick.

Instead of kicking the person questioning the crewmembers decision you could simply explain why you did so. No need to have any hard feelings there.

Same goes with mutes.

You known I'm simply saying this to help LVP get a higher player count again, so please don't go all hatin'. I really got to go now, so I may have missed a few idea, I'll add those later if they pop up.

Cheers All  :w
//Madlaggz  :7
Removing a button on the log-in box

I don't think it costs any players, but it doesn't serve any use either.

Removing the "I do not accept the rules" button

A lot of people would probably say they didn't see it. I like the "Ok" button though. Don't think you misclick a lot, but by using "Ok" you can't.

Less strict

If they accepted the rules, which they did as they are playing, they should abide them.
And we already have a system in place which we can use to tell it to them in their own language.

Non-crew newbie helpers

Already happens, no need for an extra rank.

Less non-necessarily kicks

I am not getting any complaints on "non-necessarily kicks". People can whine about getting kicked for bad reasons and so on, but if they don't come to me, there's nothing I can do. I can't be online 24/7 to see it.
(12-10-2009, 07:27 PM)Richard link Wrote: Less strict

If they accepted the rules, which they did as they are playing, they should abide them.
And we already have a system in place which we can use to tell it to them in their own language.

I'm more speaking of the warn-before-mute thing ;)
That's what I'm saying, if they play on the server and accepted the rules, they should follow them.
(12-10-2009, 08:05 PM)Richard link Wrote: That's what I'm saying, if they play on the server and accepted the rules, they should follow them.

Well, not everyone reads the rules as soon as they join. That's why a first warning should be in its place. If they continue, then mute, and then give them the warning in their language ;)