Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S]The ships 3 strikes 'n' out
When you're standing on the ship, and hits the LMB 3 times in a row you get jailed.

You can easily hit the LMB once in a while, and then get jailed (Happened to me, way to many times), even though you last hit the LMB one hour ago.

So my suggestion is that you would put a timer on it? (Like for example if you hit LMB 3 times in less than 5 min. you get jailed) or that if you hit another player 3 times, while you're on the ship, you would get jailed.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of getting jailed by punching 3 times in the air.

But please, please don't remove it, it helps alot indeed :)
As far as I know, it gets reset when you leave the ship area, and as I don't think you'll be on the ship for an entire hour, I don't really see a need for another timer, that causes more lag.
I often enjoy being on the ship for more than 5 minutes.

One of the features that entertains me the most on LVP is the chat, but when you're focused on the chat, you're an easy kill, so therefore I'm either on the ship chatting while watching TV, or driving around, ramping on a NRG while I'm chatting.

So I can easily be on the ship, and chat with people for hours, while watching TV (Depends on what's on TV of course) and I'm sure that other people find it quite annoying to be jailed because of an innocent missclick, wether it's the LMB or the CTRL button.

How about of the damage-a-player-on-the-ship-with-a-slap-3-times-automatic-jail-thing?
Pm from Munch:
(11-10-2009, 02:58 AM)Munch link Wrote:It's also annoying when you get jailed for shooting near the ship and it counts as shooting on the ship and kills you, and so it can't really reset when leaving the ship area because you weren't on the ship in the first place.

:)
(11-09-2009, 09:00 PM)Madlaggz link Wrote: I often enjoy being on the ship for more than 5 minutes.

One of the features that entertains me the most on LVP is the chat, but when you're focused on the chat, you're an easy kill, so therefore I'm either on the ship chatting while watching TV, or driving around, ramping on a NRG while I'm chatting.

So I can easily be on the ship, and chat with people for hours, while watching TV (Depends on what's on TV of course) and I'm sure that other people find it quite annoying to be jailed because of an innocent missclick, wether it's the LMB or the CTRL button.

How about of the damage-a-player-on-the-ship-with-a-slap-3-times-automatic-jail-thing?

I don't think you're staying on the ship that long lol.

@ Munch's pm: It's still the ship area.
The point is, that if you ever stand on the ship for more than 10 min, you easily happen to hit either CTRL or lmb more then twice, and if you do that, you get jailed.

Can't you code it so that if you hit another player you get jailed?
It can be done, but expect the lag to be 3x worse then. If I didn't care about lag, I would put this in. But soon we'll get another 'fix the fucking lag' topic. And since I wanna avoid that, sorry, no ;).
I do agree with the original suggestion though: Reset the punch warnings back to 0 every 2 minutes.

@ Munch: How about opening a topic at the bug reports section, after all if this is a bug and the ship thinks people are shooting on it, when they're no where near it, we'll need input from other players to find out the exact areas and possibly redo the co-ords.
So what's happening?

(http://kewl.bz/?id=52)
Some action would be appriciated. Perhaps moving to the open for discussion section?

kthnx :)