Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Idiotic MSN
Been using the newest one for a long time, much better than older versions imo. No problems either.
(11-07-2009, 07:55 PM)Cave link Wrote: Been using the newest one for a long time, much better than older versions imo. No problems either.

+1
this is what i get when i login to msn.
and nothing happens, i only see ppl coming online.
but theres no list :S
and its only with the new msn, the old ones wont work because its asking for the new one the whole time msn sucks now am stuck with the default windows msn. Weak
[Image: Mehh.JPG]
Downgrade then to 8.5 :)
Reinstall the whole thing, Stickz? Delete every Windows Live program on your HDD.
restarting msn worked for me when that happened to me
(11-07-2009, 10:43 PM)StickZ link Wrote: this is what i get when i login to msn.
and nothing happens, i only see ppl coming online.
but theres no list :S
and its only with the new msn, the old ones wont work because its asking for the new one the whole time msn sucks now am stuck with the default windows msn. Weak
[Image: Mehh.JPG]
same :/
(11-06-2009, 11:32 PM)Mark link Wrote: Nvm, sorted. Gotta love the fact that MSN Messenger developers disabled the use of 8.5 and downwards, but there is still a way how to use them!
Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger
Right click msnmsgr.exe, select Compatibility and then select Compatibility mode as Windows 2000. :P
For those who try to install 8.5 and are stuck on 99%, download the alternative installer here: http://www.woot-is-awesome.info/~markkit.../wlm85.msi

dude thx O-) finnaly its fixed  ;)
Okay I've been tryna sort this out for a couple weeks now...I got the same problem (as 8Ball said) and when I tried downloading the update manually it fails (as Mark has said) and when I tried uninstalling MSN completely to try getting the new version I get 'Fatal Error' in Add or Remove Programs...and I've even uninstalled MSN Plus and Sign-In Assistant and they all went fine but Windows Live Messenger just won't go...and that link Mark posted in GiLLi's post never worked either.

Any ideas? Telling me how to uninstall it completely first would help...there's no uninstall in the MSN folder and I've tried deleting it (stupid, I know) and it did get deleted but MSN still starts up fine and still can't uninstall it.

I don't wanna resort to defragmenting the system because that takes forever and I've tried using Clean My PC but still no luck.
Do you have "Windows Live Essentials" under add and remove programs? If you do, choose to uninstall that.