Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Map bug
  • What where you doing?
Pressing Esc(ape) so I could look to the map. but I crashed.
  • Where there other players which encountered the same problem?
A few I think, an admin/mod said that to me.
  • Could you reproduce the bug?
Yes, I can.
  • Was it only once, or did it happen all the time?
It happens all the time :S
  • Did you try to reconnect first?
Nope, I doubt of it will help.
So you crash when you look at the map?

In that case it has to be a SA-MP or GTA SA bug, because we didn't create the map :+
I think it is a LVP bug, because I have GTA:SA v1.00 (v1.01 which is also good) and the newest SA-MP. And it doesn't happen bij everybody ;).
Lots of people are getting this. I get it every time nearly, the only time I didn't get it was when I far away from the strip, and no map icons were showing. I moved it in towards the strip, adminteleported on it, then reopened and I crashed.

I got Peter to checkup the memory address that was causing the crash, and it seems that it's a problem with the icons - the memory address handled when things are written onto the screen, like wanted stars, textdraws (I think), and, you can guess, map icons.

Maybe an idea would be to not draw them until the user has logged in, and then add a preference to their savefile to see if they want the icons on or off. So, any problems, you can turn them off.

I know I will, as they don't really help me at all anyway, as I know where everything is... :+
And the map is still crashing for me :S.
But he doesn't crash if you aren't registered.
This is a SA-MP bug, little we can do about it. In the SA-MP buglists it is known.