Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Mods / Admins
I've been to some other servers, and their opinion of LVP is basically the same.

The mods and admins are shit.

Personally i don't fully agree, i know there are some great mods and admins, fair and firm at the same time.

But they do have a point when they say "immature admins or mods", or "they don't have a clue what they're doing."

Now the devs and management do a lot of work to make LVP successful. Only to have the reputation brought down by a select few members of the crew who have no idea what they're actually doing.

Two that come to mind for me who have no idea how to handle situations are jerico and cyrix.

Cyrix seems emo, and he makes rash decisions. He’s banned me and others from IRC for seriously dumb reasons.

Things like talking to in game players using !msg he banned me for that saying it wasn’t a chat channel...

So i came back, told him the !msg command is there for a reason, so he banned me for being smart ass.

So I came back again, told him that if the !msg command wasn’t meant to be used it would be there, and that I wasn’t being a smart arse, he disagreed. So I told him I was stating a fact and the only difference is I don’t have commands to abuse... He went silent from that moment on.

Next is everyone’s favourite jerico...

This guy is trigger happy when it comes to kicks and bans.. He has this arrogant attitude towards players because he has these extra commands, so basically if someone says something he doesn’t like, he bans or kicks...

He’s threatened me for reporting guys with high pings. There were two guys 2v1 me both 800+ ping, I reported and he told me to stop wasting time with useless reports. I asked if he is dumb. He replied "excuse me". I said yea you're dumb, the LVP ping limit is 500 if people are fighting. He kicked me for the useless reports and for my attitude...

My attitude was provoked by an arrogant idiot who had no clue about the rules... Luckily TEF came in game, he warned me about calling jerico dumb, which was fair, since I did go on about it a bit much, and then he kicked the guys with the high pings.

Jerico has also banned me for a few silly reasons.. Most recent was when i was reporting a guy laming and abusing.
The player [niro] in game was pause abusing and also nading in interiors. So i reported it, no reply, so I reported again, no reply. In the end i reported it 10 times. Then I saw [niro] kicked reason "don’t do that". I thought yes ok finally. So my message to the admin who kicked was, about fuckin time, he’s been abusing constantly.

Next I was kicked for spamming admin chat.... I returned, jerico said don’t ever spam our chat again. I told him I wouldn’t have to if he wasn’t so useless with reports.

His reply, "i back your pardon?" so i asked, "you back it? maybe get back to your English studies". After which i was banned for "insulting crew"... I was only repeating what he had said.

I honestly don't understand what positives jerico adds to LVP. He is one of the most useless people at being admin I’ve ever known. He has no clue how to make fair decisions, his understanding of rules is pathetic, and his attitude towards players is like that of an angry child, he comes across power hungry.

I doubt it will but i do hope this would be taken seriously, since I’m sure I’m not the only one who has these opinions.

The reason i posted in this section is to allow players to have their say also. Because its 100% certain that this topic would be locked in CSI.

That’s my say, put as nicely as I could. Anyone who replies please don't turn it into a flaming topic, I don't want to give any
(09-28-2009, 11:42 AM)SAFC link Wrote: I honestly don't understand what positives jerico adds to LVP. He is one of the most useless people at being admin I’ve ever known. He has no clue how to make fair decisions, his understanding of rules is pathetic, and his attitude towards players is like that of an angry child, he comes across power hungry.

well said, he's just another remix of raymond :r
Amen to that (jerico part). Why is this guy even in the crew if he doesn't even know the correct grammar, not to mention English? He only makes confusion when he answers appeals, anyone can barely understand him.
I haven't really seen any poor actions from Cyrix- at least none I remember.
don't disrespect Cyrix, he's cool

dont know about jerico, never had beef with him nor did we talk muhc
Cyrix is a decent guy- dont really understand how he could be in this topic for abuse.

Jerico I have had no problems with personally, and I haven't really noticed anything you said about him ingame, im not saying your lying just giving my opinion.

None of the admins on this server are what I would call immature, I could name admins on other servers, and other servers that could be worse but I won't because that causes aggro.

However most admins on this server are very mature and are extremely reasonable, I have yet to be kicked or banned from the server for anything unjustified and i've been around for roughly about 3 years now.

Again this is my opinion, I don't need anyone bashing it.
Stick it.

That's everything I want to say about this, you've moaned so many times about LVP now that I truly find it difficult to take it seriously. If it's not the crew it's the gamemode, if it's not the gamemode then it's the server, if it's not the server then it's the chair you're sitting on LVP's being blamed for. Even when I was still active it was like that. With a tag-line like "the mods and admins are shit" you're not going to get any serious reactions, if you have to say something then make a decent topic, explaining your specific problem in detail, backing it up extensively.

Mind that I'm just another random user.
My thought: sometimes its good to overdo kicks/bans, cause if ur busy moderating the server if theres 100+ people in there, the last thing ull need is someone spamming ur screen, btw jerico is a decent guy and in my eyes, looks at every report serious

and btw, Cyrix shouldnt even be mentioned here
(09-28-2009, 01:47 PM)Bessensap link Wrote: My thought: sometimes its good to overdo kicks/bans, cause if ur busy moderating the server if theres 100+ people in there, the last thing ull need is someone spamming ur screen, btw jerico is a decent guy and in my eyes, looks at every report serious

and btw, Cyrix shouldnt even be mentioned here

Nothing agains't cyrix or jericho, but here comes the asslicker :+
I have never talked with Jerico or Cyrix, my brother has spoken with cyrix though and he said he's a nice person. I find Cryrix quite 'odd' tbh, but he's nice. On the other hand the worst crewmember is obviously estroe. :w