Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Admins/Mods Thoughts
Hey Guys,

I have some thoughts on the server situation with regards to admins/mods/cheaters and certain times of the day. I realise that this topic has been discussed in the past, and I remember you guys doing some sort of survey to try and find out when people are playing on the server, but this is still a big problem.

So I have just been playing on LVP - and as always at this time of the day (8am to 1pm GMT) the server is crammed full of cheaters. Not just cheaters - but arrogant cheaters who know full well they are not going to get caught. I have posted below a couple of screens from this morning just as an example of what goes on here at this time of the day, although if you are an admin you are probably aware of this anyway. Here we have these two guys, banana21 & StormShadow, who are flying around, spawning rocket launchers and generally just talking about how cool it is to cheat. This is typical of the state of play at around this time.

I have seen people openly cheating and chatting about the best trainer programs, and exchanging little tricks they use to not get caught and to avoid auto-detection systems etc. Perhaps the most frustrating thing is when i see someone come on who at other times appears to be a reputable player - they are hanging out with the admins, complaining about cheaters and seemingly playing fairly - but then they come on at this time and are using speedhacks and no reload cheats and things to whack up their stats.

So there is the problem - this server is a completely different place depending on what time you choose to play - and its got the point where most of the time I dont even bother to log on unless its later afternoon or evening when there are admins or mods on.

So I was wondering if you guys (mgmt/admins) might be able to think about this a little further. I know your admin policy is "Dont ask to be an admin - We invite them" and I can understand why this is - you need to be sure your admins are of a high calibre and you dont just end up with a load of admin noobs. However, surely it would be better to have some sort of admin presence at certain times of the day than none at all? Perhaps there is a way you could recruit a few new mods who you know play a lot at understaffed times of the day. Maybe even put some sort of restriction on them that their only power is mute/kick/ban or even something that only lets them have mod powers during certain times. I dont know whats technically possible - but I cant help but think that it would be better to have some sort of mini moderators online than nobody at all.

So anyway, there is my 2 cents - sorry if I've just rehashed the same old topic that you have heard a hundred times before but maybe you can think about it.

Here are the screens - if nothing else they might give you a laugh - Ive never heard cheats described as "beautiful" before! :D

Attached Files
.jpg   one.jpg (Size: 161.1 KB / Downloads: 50)
.jpg   three.jpg (Size: 89.59 KB / Downloads: 38)
.jpg   four.jpg (Size: 78.04 KB / Downloads: 31)
.jpg   five.jpg (Size: 72.61 KB / Downloads: 32)
Same old story :P
But I don't see anyone who could be mod from those playingtimes.
We had a candidate who could be on in that time, but that was only in the vacation, school started again.

We may have someone else, but I'm not sure on the time.

Anyway, yes, we're aware of it, but so far we don't have a good solution to the problem.

As for temporary moderators(like you said, only on certain times), I'm not sure if it is possible, and even if so, I wouldn't know who to give it to.
Thanks for the reply, yeah I can see the predicament you guys are in with finding good mods to be on at the right times.

Perhaps xmob's idea of evidence gatherers http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=21731.0 is something you could look into and get a process set up. Im sure there would be a few people who wouldnt mind doing that and if there were rules as to how the evidence needs to be delivered etc then it shouldnt put too much of a burden on the admins to deal with it??