Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Idea to make us LEGAL
Hi,
In another thread someone suggested that we advertise our radio station, and try and earn LVP and LVP Radio some money using ads, while also paying for some small ads to get our listener count up. However, we can't do that at this minute because of copyrighted music, illegally downloaded music, and illegal licenses for the software.

My idea is that if we can make it LEGAL, then we can advertise and also accept money. My idea to get us legal:

1. Use Jamendo.com to download and play copyright-free music (see Creative Commons part of the website) and find a free working software setup (easily done)

However that means playing music that maybe people may not like as much as the copyrighted pop music, so the ratio of talk to music would have to go up to at least 1:1.

Tell me your thoughts and ideas,
Sounds cool. But kinda a bet.. If we decide to go legal, it's succes or failure
(08-12-2009, 01:29 PM)Madlaggz link Wrote: Sounds cool. But kinda a bet.. If we decide to go legal, it's succes or failure

Yeah. However we won't have to keep the station quiet, I think the LVP Management would like it too. I don;'t know how the listeners would though :/.
I know it's a major bump, but I don't think listeners like that music. But if you buy the rights to play over internet, can't you earn the license back with those ads?